best glue to repair ceramic ring on rod guide?

the ceramic insert came out of the line guide. what is best glue to repair? I have used super glue before but looking for something better.
    thanks

I've used the liquid Super Glue with mixed results...sometimes it holds for a few years, sometimes just a couple of fishing trips. You're far better off just to replace the guide.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I would try Devcon clear 2 ton epoxy.
    Ranting incoherently

Replace the entire guide

Superglue works but too brittle and it will fall out again after a few trips.
    Epoxy is a better choice but still won't last long term.
    As others have stated, the only real fix is to replace the guide.
    Tight Lines,
    Andrew

6. Member
    I have a super glued guide that's going on three years. Could fall out next trip.

7. Member
    Loctite 495
    2010 Xpress X21TS. 250 proXS
    2015 1860 grizzly. 40 Merc 4s

8. Member
    thanks for the input guys. it is a new loomis rod and while it would be nice to send it back that would cost me the shipping. the ceramic ring just fell out while using the rod. if I can fix with glue that is find for me but if it doesn't work I will send it back to loomis for warranty. thanks

randy

Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    thanks for the input guys. it is a new loomis rod and while it would be nice to send it back that would cost me the shipping. the ceramic ring just fell out while using the rod. if I can fix with glue that is find for me but if it doesn't work I will send it back to loomis for warranty. thanks

randy
    Why not just have a local rod repair guy put a new guide on it?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

10. Member
    You go to a rod building forum & ask them. I would glue 1st too. (ps. U might keep the glue as other inserts may also separate).