Thread: Swing tongue

Swing tongue

Anyone with pros/cons of adding aftermarket swing tongue kit to boat trailer? Weld or bolt on style???

I installed a bolt-on Fulton on a 20' Allison and was very pleased with it. No brakes so it made it very easy. Installation was easy and hardware provided worked fine for me. I noticed very little clunking while towing. When I ordered it I also ordered a spare pin and a spare bolt assembly. Pin was incase someone needed the pin more than me and I figured if it did clunk I would use a second bolt in place of the pin for any long tows, but I never needed either. Have heard people say to bolt on and then weld. When I did mine all the bolt-on models were zinc coated so check with your welder before purchase as zinc coating can cause toxic vapors if welded. Also make sure your safety chains attach to trailer beyond the swing assembly.

3. Member
    I installed the Fulton bolt-on kit 4yrs. ago, and it still works great. I've experienced no clunking or rust problems at all. It was an easy install. The boat easily fits straight in the garage now.

4. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Had the Fulton weld on model put on mine just before Christmas. So far very happy with it. Only struggle has been I had whole trailer spray lined so it's kinda tight...