Thread: Did I screw up?

Did I screw up?

I'm taking apart my carbs off my 93 XR6 150( serial #0d212925). In the process of taking the first
    one apart, I twisted off the fitting that is for the oil. It appears that fitting is pressed in maybe?
    Can I remove the rest of the fitting and replace it or am I buying a different carb?

2. Member
    pic , cause oil is mixed in line before carbs
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member

4. Member
    It's a fuel line fitting. I followed it incorrectly

5. Member
    nope , that's a vent line that should have had a hose connected to other 2 carbs then to a thermal valve on engine used to aid in engine warm up,kind off auto choke, don't see it in parts break down,2 ways to fix,replace carb$$$$$$$$,or disconnect will run fine youll just have to ckoke it lil more when warming up engine
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Or a 3rd option- if someone was real careful, it would be possible to drill/tap for a new fitting (just have to completely pull the carb down and make absolutely certain the passage is clear/open).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Is that originally a threaded fitting or pressed in?

I broke one off like that one years ago. It was pressed in. We drilled it and removed it, then fabricated a replacement from a brass fitting I found.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Would 3 cooler cylinders by infrared temp gun indicate a bad switch box? My battery is still being charged indicated by 13+ volts while runn

11. Member
    possibly /got spark on all 6 ?????

12. Member
    Intermittently. I have a miss in at least 1.