Piscifum Line Spooler Review, Thoughts, and Opinions

So being a lucky husband and angler, my wife is always getting me cool little fishing gadgets for Christmas and my birthday....ect. Well for Christmas she got me this line spooler from Piscifun. I honestly had some doubts and never would have bought it myself...since IMO the name was one of those knock off types ...again my opinion. Well since it is that time of year for me to breakdown and clean then respool all my reels I opened it up and gave it a try. I was fairly impressed with it, especially how ridgid it was and how the rotor spins with the reel while spooling spinning reels. The "reel" test....lol will be how my spinning reels perform now as far as line twist and wind knots...that is the big test IMO on if this product is worth it.

Has anyone hear ever used one of these? Whats your opinions on these or others out there on the market?

2. Banned
    I picked up one this winter. Like you said, we'll see how the line performs on spinning reels, after using this to spool, come spring!

Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    I picked up one this winter. Like you said, we'll see how the line performs on spinning reels, after using this to spool, come spring!
    I am definitly am looking forward to giving a try and see how things go. It seem well built and did lay the line nice and even and tight, so now just to check for twist.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cast 1Fish View Post
    I am definitly am looking forward to giving a try and see how things go. It seem well built and did lay the line nice and even and tight, so now just to check for twist.
    So, what was the result at the lake test ?????
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    So, what was the result at the lake test ?????
    I wanted to get a few outing to really test it but with work and weather it has been tough.
    You can check out the final opinion in the comments on the video, but I can tell you I have went out 2 times now and the spinning reels have performed flawlessly. I am extremely happy with my results. Now everyone at work is wanting to borrow it...lol

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Can you use this on 1000 yard spools or just smaller ones?
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Member
    Love mine, use it just for the spinning gear, works great.
    Also, it's not a knockoff, it's the original.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Can you use this on 1000 yard spools or just smaller ones?
    there is a size limit on what it will accept. The 1000 yds spools should be fine. But my 3000 yd spools will not work. Too big

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    there is a size limit on what it will accept. The 1000 yds spools should be fine. But my 3000 yd spools will not work. Too big
    I bought one for my spinning reels and it does work with 1000 yard spools unfortunately. No worries as I only use a few spinning outfits and I do like how this should prevent, or least help prevent, line twist
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

I don't think 1000 yard spools will work...the 600 yard spool was pretty tight. I can say that it did eliminate line twist extremely well...probably one of the best spooling jobs I ever had on my spinning reels.

11. Member
    I've been using one for the last three years and I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. Although it's a tight fit, I've been able to put on a 1500 yard spool of Power Pro braid. Last year I threw a shakey head probably close to 50% of the time and the line twist from throwing it didn't show up till the end of the year. Again I highly recommend this type of line spooler,
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

12. Member
    Anyone used this for a baitcasting reel? Only see spinning posts indicated here.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfishwilb View Post
    Anyone used this for a baitcasting reel? Only see spinning posts indicated here.

I've used it on both. To me, it seemed that the smaller spools of line (150 yrds), spooled the line smoother onto the reel than the larger ones. Speed of spooling also mattered. A good medium speed of spooling seemed to work best for me. Being able to adjust the tension of the new line spool keeps you from having to add tension with your fingers as the line spools onto the reel.
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

Theone thing I have noticed is that youhave to get the rotor spinning the spool at the same speed as you are realling, so adjusting the tension is pretty important. I have been using my reels alot so far and have had no issues with line twist on my spinning reels yet.

15. Member
    I've had one of these items and as of now it is one of the best items I have purchased to add fishing line on any of my spinning reels without putting a twist in the line as it goes onto the spool. Well worth the cost.

16. Member
    Glad you guys reviewed it because i've had one of these on my mind for awhile now. Thanks.

17. Member
    I have used the Piscifun line spooler for both spinnig reel and bait caster and have been very pleased.
    The truth is my wife likes it more since she is no longer holding a spool of line and pencil .
    Goobs
    Lake Hartwell
    Phoenix