Looking for a trailer for me boat :(

Hey everyone!

Just had had a couple questions because I’m sort of new to the bass boat scene. I just got 2002 Skeeter zx225 last spring for a pretty good price but... the trailer ended up being a doozy. Bought the boat in Ann Arbor and the trailer was absolutely toast due to rust. Right now I’m living in upstate NY on Chautauqua Lake and cant find anyone close that’s selling a used Skeeter trailer.

My question to you guys is... where do I find me a used skeeter boat trailer ? Haha I can’t find any websites and the only decent place I could find that did have them was in Scotsland, Texas.. (16 hour drive from me )

let me know what you guy think! Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Looking for a trailer for MY boat lol... can’t figure out how to fix the title lol.

3. Member
    i dont have a trailer but I fish chautauqua lake as well and live in Jamestown.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Plan on driving to get it , having it shipped, buying new or getting crazy lucky.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    i am the guy in scotland tx i sell a lot of skeeter trailers because when they were using tube trailers our water down here is as bad as salt water an it eat them up from the inside out dont get many used ones when i do i have a waiting list of folks to call i have got 2 new ones on order give me a call if i can help 940 636 0097 steve

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TBOGEYBOGEY View Post
    i dont have a trailer but I fish chautauqua lake as well and live in Jamestown.
    No way! I’ve probably seen you around ! What kind of boat do you have ? I’m sure I can probably recognize your boat if out pretty often haha.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Plan on driving to get it , having it shipped, buying new or getting crazy lucky.
    Yea I guess you’re probably right. I scan the interwebs looking for that “crazy” luck every day haha. Thanks for replying!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    i am the guy in scotland tx i sell a lot of skeeter trailers because when they were using tube trailers our water down here is as bad as salt water an it eat them up from the inside out dont get many used ones when i do i have a waiting list of folks to call i have got 2 new ones on order give me a call if i can help 940 636 0097 steve
    Thanks so much for replying, I look at your Facebook page almost every day haha, I plan on giving you a call in the next few days. I don’t know if I can afford a brand new one (although that would be nice!) but.. I don’t actially know how much a new one is. Thanks again for replying and I’ll be in touch soon!

10. Member
    Thanks! I’ll definitely look into these guys too!

11. Member
    If I were you I'd check on Craigslist.com but would not limit myself to just the local area. You might find something a lot closer or you could get prices from many of the trailer building places but don't consider a tube trailer.
    Rocket

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 375VTROCKET View Post
    If I were you I'd check on Craigslist.com but would not limit myself to just the local area. You might find something a lot closer or you could get prices from many of the trailer building places but don't consider a tube trailer.
    Thank you for the reply! I'm usually on Craigslist every day looking haha. I'm looking all across the country even as far as texas. Aside from finding a trailer in good shape, I only have about 2500.00 set aside to replace my current trailer. I've found a couple of "decent" deals in or around Texas from private sellers but it would cost me about 7-800.00 just to get there, so the further away I look, the better of a deal I need :((. I'm ALWAYS on Craigslist though.. love that stinkin' website!

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

13. Member
    THIS! I just went up to Bud's a couple of weeks ago and bought a new Trailstar Trailer. The Nitro trailers should be a pretty close match for your hull. Worth the drive to me (584 miles). Some trailers are brand new and some arre slightly used. Straight shooter, he'll tell you what the trailer is. Good luck!

14. Member
    Offerup and facebook marketplace BLOW craigslist away. Was able to find with a 3 year old blazer trailer to meet at ramp to see if mine would fit (didn't) and another with a newish skeeter trailer to see if mine would fit. Then another with a triton trailer with no rust. All local. Craigslist produced nothing.
    However even the Triton trailer did not fit my tr19. In the process of cutting off bunk brackets to make it fit. Whatever used trailer you get test fit first
    Last edited by Triton420; 02-15-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton420 View Post
    Offerup and facebook marketplace BLOW craigslist away. Was able to find with a 3 year old blazer trailer to meet at ramp to see if mine would fit (didn't) and another with a newish skeeter trailer to see if mine would fit. Then another with a triton trailer with no rust. All local. Craigslist produced nothing.
    However even the Triton trailer did not fit my tr19. In the process of cutting off bunk brackets to make it fit. Whatever used trailer you get test fit first
    Never really used either of those before, but I will definitely look into it! I have a pretty solid line on a trailer right now (thank the lord) ! Thank you for replying, i'll certainly look into those sites!

16. Member
    still no luck :(((( Been searching high and low !