Terrova retrieval

I have owned my terrova for a few years now. I absolutely love it 95% of the time. The 5% of the time I don't like it is getting it back in the boat after use. I am 67 and I can still get it back in ok but I always try to grab my front seat to steady myself. I have tried to tie a rope to it to try and pull it back in like you would a conventional trolling motor but it just doesn't work for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Banned
    Ulterra.

Quote Originally Posted by dricha21 View Post
    I have owned my terrova for a few years now. I absolutely love it 95% of the time. The 5% of the time I don't like it is getting it back in the boat after use. I am 67 and I can still get it back in ok but I always try to grab my front seat to steady myself. I have tried to tie a rope to it to try and pull it back in like you would a conventional trolling motor but it just doesn't work for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    See my post in your other thread...
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    Ulterra.
    X2

Last winter I broke 3 ribs and ruptured a lung. The lung healed quickly but 12 months later and the ribs are still bothering me. I broke down and bought an Ulterra. I wish I had done it a lot sooner.

5. Member
    I took two 12 inch rubber trucker straps and looped them around the head of the TM. I used tie raps instead of the steel s hooks that came on the straps. One in front and one towards the back. I then took a third rubber strap and tied the front and back together using it as a handle. Works great.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031