Block machining in Ontario Canada

This isn't exactly specific to high perf Mercs, but I need to get a cylinder on my 2.5 XRI block bored out, and all the holes honed. I'm looking for someone in the GTA to do the work (preferably West of Toronto) and have had no luck with machine shops/automotive rebuilding/marine service centers. I know I can ship out to do the work, but I'd prefer to drop off locally to avoid shipping fees if possible.

Thanks in advance
    Josh

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wakepics View Post
    This isn't exactly specific to high perf Mercs, but I need to get a cylinder on my 2.5 XRI block bored out, and all the holes honed. I'm looking for someone in the GTA to do the work (preferably West of Toronto) and have had no luck with machine shops/automotive rebuilding/marine service centers. I know I can ship out to do the work, but I'd prefer to drop off locally to avoid shipping fees if possible.

Thanks in advance
    Josh
    check with top gun marine in bradford.

3. Member
    You can look around but MOST places will outsource motor machining / honing to a few specific places.

CVtech AAB being one of the more common one used.

On that note though... A LOT of the times it can be worthwhile to let the shop local to you deal with the packaging shipping that way if something shits the bed while being shipped they have to deal with it
    2004 Ranger Reata 180vs 8" rapid jack magnum CCM reeds 21P tempest plus- 2005 150 optimax 1B044209

Everybody uses dave scott @ aim marine in ottawa,best in the biz,his shop is setup to only machine mercury, and is a merc dealer,as well as yamaha and basscat. He has done several of my 2.4 2.5 blocks for me over the last 10 years. He is meticulous and never an issue.
    Last edited by cajunrgfm; 02-27-2019 at 03:20 PM.