Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by CTBASSIN View Post
    I don't have those voting habits. I continually vote against those people. So we are good.

Well then welcome to the State.

lots of good clubs down here, youll enjoy the chain
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soulfisher View Post
    Welcome only if you don’t bring your northeast voting habits. We narrowly avoided a state tax during our last governor election.
    Florida doesn’t have a personal income tax and it’s very unlikely to happen here.
    You’d need 60% voter approval in a general election. There’s no other way to do it.
    We have a constitutional amendment prohibiting the tax. Only a vote can modify.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Florida doesn’t have a personal income tax and it’s very unlikely to happen here.
    You’d need 60% voter approval in a general election. There’s no other way to do it.
    We have a constitutional amendment prohibiting the tax. Only a vote can modify.
    Thanks For the clarity Jim, I’m sure the Government is sound. I trust you.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soulfisher View Post
    Thanks For the clarity Jim, I’m sure the Government is sound. I trust you.
    Nothing to do with a sound government or trusting me, but it's nigh impossible to overturn the amendment.
    Almost every native wouldn't vote to overturn it, same with transplants ... many moved here for that reason.
    Again, it would take a minimum of 60% to vote to remove the amendment, during a general election.

I can assure you that if the government wants more cash, they will come and get it from us, always.
    We just had a money grab in this area, another 1.5% in sales tax. We are now at 8.5% in my fine county.
    And they can always play with property tax mileage rates, add more stormwater fees, more road tolls, etc.
    However, there's almost no way they can generate the kind of funds that an income tax would generate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12