Changing out Trolling Motor?

I have a 2018 PT 175 TF and I am planning on changing out the trolling motor in the very near future. Has anyone changed their TM on this model boat, and if so, do you have any helpful tips or tricks. I know the access hole is very small, will it hurt the boat to open the access hole up a little?

TIA,
    Wally

2. Banned
    I think this model is similar to mine in the front. There is an access panel that screws on. It can’t be opened up, as in making it bigger. A new TM isn’t difficult, but skinny arms and a helper would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by txcobowhunter View Post
    I have a 2018 PT 175 TF and I am planning on changing out the trolling motor in the very near future. Has anyone changed their TM on this model boat, and if so, do you have any helpful tips or tricks. I know the access hole is very small, will it hurt the boat to open the access hole up a little?

TIA,
    Wally
    I enlarged the access hole so I could reach the front bolts for the trolling motor mount on my PT 170 TX. I use nylock nuts and large washers. I cut the bottom of the hole square and all the way to the deck.
    I have changed the trolling motor/mount twice from the original one. Have an Ultrex now.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    I’m looking at doing the same thing with my 2010 175 TF, my problem is enough space to add another battery for the 24v TM.