Duracell AGM Trolling Batteries

Anyone using these? If so what are your opinions? Thinking about buying some for my 24v system.

2. Member
    I have two in my boat that are 4 years old. They have been doing a fine job. I have a24V X3 65lb trolling motor on my boat. I use a NOCO Genius 3 bank charger to recharge them and maintain them. Mine came from Sam's Club.

I liked them enough that I also put one on the camper.

I think I will get a couple more seasons out of them...at least I hope to.
    1994 Ranger 374V/1993 Johnson 150 Silver Star Series VJ150ELATR

3. Member
    I put the Duracell non-AGM from Sam's Club in my bass boat 3 Group 29's and they are still going strong 3 years later. I run a 112 Fortrex

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigt View Post
    Anyone using these? If so what are your opinions? Thinking about buying some for my 24v system.
    Made by East Penn. Same battery as a Deka.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    I use 2 of the Sam's club 31 size for my 24V Terrova. They will run it all weekend; I have not ever run them down on a fishing trip (yet).

6. Member
    I have 2 of the group 31s for my Ultrex. Fishing all day in the wind 10 hours. Come home and charge back up in 5 hours

7. Member
    I'm running 3 duracell non AGM, 2 for trolling motor and one as the starter. Last year was year #4 and they still held up fine. I think I'm going to get new ones this year because 5 years seems too long. Prior to this I never had anything last longer than 2.

8. Member
    I have 4 of them. They run great when they are all working properly. I have however had to use the warranty 4 different times on these batteries. I charge them with a NOCO Genius 4 bank charger. They run fine for a while and then suddenly I only get a 1/2 day out of them. I load test them all and sure enough at discharge one will load test bad. I have only had problems once with their service guys saying they had to charge them overnight before they could replace a bad one. I argued with them and they gave in, but that was at a different Sam's Club than I normally deal with. Every time one has gone bad it will be a different one of the three. I've never had an issue with the start battery. It may be because I fish extremely rough water at times on the great lakes.

9. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Why are many using lead acid batteries for your TM and AGM for cranking? Do AGM batteries lack the reserve capacity or is it something else?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

10. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Why are many using lead acid batteries for your TM and AGM for cranking? Do AGM batteries lack the reserve capacity or is it something else?
    AGM batteries are lead-acid batteries. For many people, the price of AGMs isn't worth the difference in lifespan. I get 4 or 5 years out of Everstarts at less than $100 each.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuswags View Post
    I have 4 of them. They run great when they are all working properly. I have however had to use the warranty 4 different times on these batteries. I charge them with a NOCO Genius 4 bank charger. They run fine for a while and then suddenly I only get a 1/2 day out of them. I load test them all and sure enough at discharge one will load test bad. I have only had problems once with their service guys saying they had to charge them overnight before they could replace a bad one. I argued with them and they gave in, but that was at a different Sam's Club than I normally deal with. Every time one has gone bad it will be a different one of the three. I've never had an issue with the start battery. It may be because I fish extremely rough water at times on the great lakes.
    It may not be applicable to you, but if you run down any battery or batteries in series to the point that a cell fails, that cell can be damaged to a point that it cannot recover.