Thread: Monroe flooding

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Monroe flooding

Monroe came up 3 feet last night and still rising today. Historic flooding in Bloomington. Gonna be another crappy flooded spring on Monroe. Already 10’ high and won’t get back down until mid summer.

So I shouldn't plan on fishing grass this summer?
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Up another 1.7 overnight.
    If it stopped and they started pulling, that would be almost 4 months to get back down.

Steve, you can still fish grass. It will be all around the flooded trees and in people’s yards.

Picnic table pattern.
    Steve Sendelweck

5. Banned
    Well there goes my thought on making a trip over there this spring..

Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    Well there goes my thought on making a trip over there this spring..
    Wrong. The lower end by the dam will clear up fast, if it even gets very muddy at all. Those fish on the steep rock banks don't care what the water level is. The back of the creek bite will totally change, however.
    Steve Sendelweck

7. Member
    Before the grass came back it fished better when it was a little high. But 10 ft is up there pretty good. First two USA Bassns are in March I believe ��

8. Member
    Whats it like in the parking lot at the causeway, or is there a parking lot,,,,again?

9. Banned
    Is there any place to stay close to the lake

10. Banned
    Are there any opens in March at Monroe . Maybe since I’m planning on fishing I could make it for an open and donate some money to you guys ..

11. Member
    They are predicting possible heavy rain beginning Sunday, mon, tues, then rain again thurs/fri. Central and southern Indiana is flooded now and only going to get worse. Monroe is 5.7 ft above summer pool. They report 9.7 but take the increase from winter pool. It’s still going to come up with more rain. East Fork of the White River will not go below flood stage at Williams Dam till at least a week from this coming Wed. And the expected rain will only make things worse. This weather sucks.
    Last edited by cevans; 02-09-2019 at 09:53 PM.

12. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    Is there any place to stay close to the lake
    As far as I know, there isn't any good place to stay that's close to the lake. Four Winds Marina might be a choice though. I hope Monroe stays high coming into the spring. Some of the best fishing I have had there is fishing flooded grassy points in the spring time!
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

13. Member
    I stand corrected, Monroe is now 11.8 above. It’s going to be a while before they open and lower Monroe as all rivers below are super high and at flood stage.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    They are predicting possible heavy rain beginning Sunday, mon, tues, then rain again thurs/fri. Central and southern Indiana is flooded now and only going to get worse. Monroe is 5.7 ft above summer pool. They report 9.7 but take the increase from winter pool. It’s still going to come up with more rain. East Fork of the White River will not go below flood stage at Williams Dam till at least a week from this coming Wed. And the expected rain will only make things worse. This weather sucks.
    This information is simply NOT true.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    Up another 1.7 overnight.
    If it stopped and they started pulling, that would be almost 4 months to get back down.

Steve, you can still fish grass. It will be all around the flooded trees and in people’s yards.
    This is closer to accurate. The Corp can drop the lake 0.3 - 0.4 feet per 24 hours IF they can open the gates to the max amount. 12 feet could conceivably be dropped to zero in about 50 days.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Whats it like in the parking lot at the causeway, or is there a parking lot,,,,again?
    High water ramp will be in use at Cutright. Fairfax and the Dam are still usable as well...not sure about Ramp Creek

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBassMan View Post
    High water ramp will be in use at Cutright. Fairfax and the Dam are still usable as well...not sure about Ramp Creek
    I dont think you can even get through the parking lot to get to the high water ramp once it is over 12 ft but I could be wrong on that number.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBassMan;[URL="tel:10032410"
    10032410[/URL]]This information is simply NOT true.
    i did say” I stand corrected” read all the posts please!

19. Member
    I have never seen it drop more than 0.2 per day and usually it is gonna be 0.1 per day. Over that will flood below and they won’t do that. I have never seen it drop 0.4’ in day. No way it will ever drop 12’ in 50 days. Will make a bet with you that it takes till late July or after to get back to pool.

20. Member
    Mississippi is way up, all our rivers in southern Indiana won’t totally crest till Fri/Sat down by Wabash and it’s flooding. I am surprised they are letting out 3944 out of Brookville as Ohio is flooding. And we are in a weekly rain pattern for Feb. We just don’t need any more rain.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast