Thread: Monroe flooding

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    White River in Bedford is 32'. They will not be dumping Monroe for some time. It'll go 18' high, stay high through summer, kill the grass and anyone thinking about fishing it should go to Pajoka.
    Hart, if you don't mind staying off beaten path, the plaza motel on hwy50 is boat friendly.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    I have never seen it drop more than 0.2 per day and usually it is gonna be 0.1 per day. Over that will flood below and they won’t do that. I have never seen it drop 0.4’ in day. No way it will ever drop 12’ in 50 days. Will make a bet with you that it takes till late July or after to get back to pool.
    Well I'm sorry, but 0.3 drop has happened quite a bit...I watch it closely. I agree it is going to take longer than 50 days.....I said it could happen IF they could leave it wide open.
    Which we know they can't with the water levels downstream. It's at 12.2 today and no doubt will be at 13 before the week is over. My guess is June 1st before its back down to 538

3. Member
    The most they can pull it .3 they only pull it that fast when everything else has dried out down stream. I have seen many times that the beaches being close until June or later due to the high water. Its just going to depend on how much rain we get this spring
    Last edited by Gsmith223; 02-12-2019 at 10:44 AM.

4. Member
    Went down today. Paynetown, Allens Creek, Hardin Ridge, The dam, Fairfax were all usable. Cutright parking lot was under. Wish I could post pics but don't know how yet. They are letting water out. The culvert at the dam was running about 1/2 way full. Stream below the dam was well out of it's banks. Water at the dam was still clear. The high water ramp at Cutright was usable but very limited parking. Approx 4 feet before going over the spillway. Obviously not a boat or trailer insight . Some icebergs.

5. Member
    Spillway at Monroe
    >
    Last edited by indy390v; 02-13-2019 at 09:39 AM.

6. Member
    Cutright boat ramp

7. Member
    Tailwater at Monroe

8. Member
    They will keep pulling if its threatening to go over the spillway. Thats worse case scenario for them down river.

9. Member
    Paynetown ramp and the island
    image sharing sites

My biggest bass from monroe came from the trees up above the camp across from paynetown. That was probably like 93 or 94, water was way up.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

If it stays up like this through the spring and early summer get your boat up into the woods period. Not the outside edge, ignore the brush that's now under water, just push pull and ram your way up into the woods and flip your favorite soft plastic.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    If it stays up like this through the spring and early summer get your boat up into the woods period. Not the outside edge, ignore the brush that's now under water, just push pull and ram your way up into the woods and flip your favorite soft plastic.
    But wont that scratch my pretty boat

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    But wont that scratch my pretty boat
    That's why most never do it when it's up like this. I'm sure you're worried about it just as much as I am lol.

14. Member
    I have never done worth a crap when it’s that high. I have went way up in and it all looks good. Just very seldom figure anything out.

Last edited by fishinarc; 06-21-2022 at 07:33 AM.

16. Member
    They can pull more than what people realize. It’s not the “inches” but the volume. At full flood stage, Monroe is 18,000 acres (as opposed to 10,000 at normal pool). 3-4 inches at 18,000 acres is a LOT of water. When the level gets to about 9 ft above pool, this volume translates to about 10-11 inches a day - and YES, I have witnessed that kind of drop (in inches)... mid June 1990, mid June 1995 or 1994, and mid June 1996, to be exact (I believe there were a couple of others, but I remember these specifically). This kind of pulling is bad if it happens during spawn, but I think high water is good for spawn if the levels stay stable.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinarc View Post
    Come on now, folks! Everyone knows there is a better than average chance it will be at pool by Memorial Day weekend.. They will want that beach open for all the "guests". Not to mention it will have to be sucked down during mid-spawn..
    they will have it stable conditions for the carp spawn. Never fails at Missy

18. Member
    Gonna have to stop raining to drop it, ‘cause they haven’t pulled anything yet. It’s still coming up a little each day and expecting more rain.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    They can pull more than what people realize. It’s not the “inches” but the volume. At full flood stage, Monroe is 18,000 acres (as opposed to 10,000 at normal pool). 3-4 inches at 18,000 acres is a LOT of water. When the level gets to about 9 ft above pool, this volume translates to about 10-11 inches a day - and YES, I have witnessed that kind of drop (in inches)... mid June 1990, mid June 1995 or 1994, and mid June 1996, to be exact (I believe there were a couple of others, but I remember these specifically). This kind of pulling is bad if it happens during spawn, but I think high water is good for spawn if the levels stay stable.
    It is true the lake can drop different amounts in inches per day, depending on how high the lake is....because of topography. The volume leaving the lake is completely controlled by the amount of cubic feet per second the corp decides to let it out at. Amount over 538 or inches dropped don't determine the volume (cubic feet) leaving the lake.

15.1 feet high. White River still out of banks in Bedford, has been for a month now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast