Thread: Monroe flooding

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    15.1 feet high. White River still out of banks in Bedford, has been for a month now.
    USA Bassn is on the 10th I believe.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    USA Bassn is on the 10th I believe.
    Plenty of water....not plenty of ramps or parking lots

3. Member
    Unless it goes down quite a bit, I don’t know where they would even launch. Monroe Lake FB page said last week that most of the ramps are shut down because the access roads are are flooded.

4. Member
    USA Bassin has cancelled the 10th on Monroe, possible new date is June 2nd pending DNR approval.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post
    USA Bassin has cancelled the 10th on Monroe, possible new date is June 2nd pending DNR approval.
    They should launch from Moores Creek like they used to on their Thurs night division.

6. Member
    I assume you can get to Moore’s without any flooded roads?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    I assume you can get to Moore’s without any flooded roads?
    I would assume so, I have launched there when it’s been close to this high before.

8. Member
    Paynetown, Allens Creek, Hardin Ridge, Dam, Fairfax, Pinegrove should all be open. Allens Creek would be the first to go under of this group

9. Member
    DNR forces tournament cancellations when the water is about 11 or so feet high. It’s a shame, because fishing is usually good then.

10. Member
    For the USA BASSIN tournament on Monroe scheduled for 3/24/19 It's going to be toss up between Moore's creek and Paynetown. If the water level stays below top of ramp, Paynetown is the better choice with more than one boat able to launch, but getting your partner in and out of the boat is going to be the trick.( keel guard on the ramp, piece of cake) The Bank behind Out House is the obvious spot, but has brush. All other areas that look as if you can pull up to, will have you bouncing on unseen rip rap. Moore's Creek, only one boat launched at a time, and partner loading is simple but cramped, one maybe two boats at a time. That's when Captain kaos shows up. Tournament is still over three weeks away and I will be getting out to check and mark (graphing) loading / unloading areas at Paynetown. Monroe has Icebergs in pockets I again observed yesterday that can, and have blown out to the main lake. (reason for cancellation of first tournament) Pine Grove, not a choice, at 15' don't think you can get to ramp and the 45 minute idle to main lake would suck. Allens Creek, not a choice. Hardin Ridge, not a choice (State Park and reservoir permit not valid on federally managed property) The Dam, not a choice. Fairfax, not a choice, at 4 minutes from my driveway I wish it was. all of these ramps that you can get to are open. Just not suitable for 15 or more boat tournament, other than Moore's Creek and Paynetown. we'll see. might be another cancellation.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    DNR forces tournament cancellations when the water is about 11 or so feet high. It’s a shame, because fishing is usually good then.
    Where did you get that info???

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by indy390v View Post
    Paynetown, Allens Creek, Hardin Ridge, Dam, Fairfax, Pinegrove should all be open. Allens Creek would be the first to go under of this group
    Allen’s and Pinegrove roads are both flooded.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBassMan View Post
    Where did you get that info???
    Past history. Call them to confirm, if you have a tournament you are running.

14. Member
    Went by the lake today and pulled in cutwright to look around. The lake is really up
    all of cutwright under water and high water ramp looked barely useable. I have never
    seen so much of the lake look very muddy. Someone said that earlier this week they were
    pulling a lot of water. Did not look like it’s gone down any recently either.

15. Member
    It looks like chocolate milk all the way to the damThe wind has really made it worse the last few days. The Corp is dropping it, but that big rain a few days ago slowed them down....again. It’s at 13.3 ft high, and the flow rate will drop the lake about 0.2 inches per day.

White river in Bedford is out again. It's been a weta$$ winter, talking to a guy from Brownstown, he mentioned the river gets out a couple times a winter there. 9 times is his count as of Saturday. Around Bedford it's been out the most I can remember.

17. Member
    Sounds like they should cancel the USA bassin for this weekend too?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    Sounds like they should cancel the USA bassin for this weekend too?
    I bet they do cancel it

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBassMan View Post
    I bet they do cancel it
    I wish they would just make a decision quickly.

20. Member
    I read where USA Bassin for the 24th is on and using high water ramp at Cutright.
    2002 518 DVX

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast