Tiny rock chips from trailering?

Even though I have a Towtecter for my vehicle, on a recent trip to Canada we had to drive on gravel for about 25 miles. I drove slow but still got a few chips in the front (bow) of my boat that are about the size of a pinhead. I have the flake from my boat manufacturer but not sure if I could mix it with a clear gel coat and just spot it in and then buff it out or what the procedure would be? Any help with this is very appreciated!
    Thanks! Jim

Let me guess... Northwest Angle.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins View Post
    Let me guess... Northwest Angle.
    Yup, wish I would have bought a rock screen for my trailer before taking the trip. Won’t do that again!

Here's a DIY that may help you. Basically, you'll want to put a thin coat of gel in the repair area, blow flake onto the wet gelcoat, then put a top coat of clear gelcoat over it. Wetsand, compound, polish.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=482762

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    Here's a DIY that may help you. Basically, you'll want to put a thin coat of gel in the repair area, blow flake onto the wet gelcoat, then put a top coat of clear gelcoat over it. Wetsand, compound, polish.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=482762
    Thank you for posting that DIY thread. That’s the information I was hoping for! Very appreciated!

I dinged up my trailer and my black Alumacraft on that damn road. Not heading back until I have protection in place. Road was so bad I had bolts loosening on my trailer.

7. Member
    [QUOTE=Fins;10076816]I dinged up my trailer and my black Alumacraft on that damn road. Not heading back until I have protection in place. Road was so bad I had bolts loosening on my trailer.[/QUOTE

Yup that was one nasty road! I will never venture into Canada or down that many miles of gravel again without one of those screens that you install on the front of your trailer. I don’t care how good the fishing is! But I am glad you posted as I did not check the bolts on the trailer. I will do that as soon as the boat is out of storage! Thanks for the heads up!