12 Pound Anchor In Rod Box?

So I have a 12lb river anchor that I keep in my boat, and have had it stored in one rod box that I keep most of my lifejackets, roaps, paddle ect. in. I like the convience of this location and that it allows me to keep the back boxes avaliable for co angler tackle, however was organizing this box the other day and got to thinking about how the inside of the hull makes the sides/bottom of the rod box in my z18. Is that a concern with storing the anchor in there especially in rough water? (It is stored all the way to the back by the console)
    2019 Nitro Z-18 DC
    Mercury 150 Pro-XS 4-Stroke 23 Fury

I'd put it on top of the 3rd life jacket and stop worrying. (This just to take the corners out of the equation)
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Put it in a small Rubbermaid tote (smallest in which it will fit), and keep it wherever you'd like. I don't like anything rough, muddy, etc. banging against any fiberglass. Absent being OCD like me, though, you're not gonna hurt anything by status quo.

4. Member
    I use a milk crate for my anchor, in the starboard rod locker on my Z6 - no issues getting it in and out, stops it damaging anything when bouncing in rough water or on the trailer on the highway.
    Nitro Z6 Optimax115 Elite HDI5 Bow 5x Pro Console

My only worry would be pitching in the waves. Don't want that banging around.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Well, that's you ask that. When I was talking to Nitro factory about the gel coat cracking on the side of my boat. The first thing he asked was do you have a anchor in the rod locker bouncing around. For me the answer was no.