Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

93sv and sun glare

Sun glare and reflection on the 93sv is bad. Any ideas if the larger 12 inch units are any better in reducing the glare and reflection off the screen? I've built a screen to help but reflection is still bad. Any ideas or I formation appreciated

2. Member
    Am I the only one having this issue? I've tried shielding the screen, I've tried wearing dark clothing. The reflection off the screen is really bad, worse than I've ever had with any other unit. I'm using the amber color screen. The reflection is reduced using other color pallets but I don't like the images as much as I do those using amber. Is anyone else having this issue with the 93sv and does anyone know if the larger higher end units have less glare and less reflection? HELP!!!

3. Member
    I just finished installing mine yesterday.
    Will not get a chance to try it out until next weekend.
    I hope I don't I don't have the same problem.
    When I watched videos on line of livescope I noticed a lot of reflection and glare?

4. Member
    I just purchased some of these from boxwave on recommendation D Johnson in link below, post#12.
    He appears to like them.
    Looks to reduce glare indoors, but have not had them in sun yet

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....hlight=boxwave

http://www.boxwave.com/garmin-echoma...pdd/cvg-fpmzm/

5. Member
    MikeF,
    Perfect, I'm really hoping this works! I'll order this and post my results.
    Thanks,
    Roy

6. Member
    I found a 100% glare free solution for all units by just fishing on overcast days. LOL

7. Member
    Are the regular 93sv and Plus the same size? Don't see the Plus version on Amazon.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Don't see the Plus version on Amazon.
    Here it is for the Plus.....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077SDN4TT...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    Will not help with glare but best thing I did was get a soft tip stylus like I use on my Tablet, add a lanyard to it and tue around base on my Plus. Use it instead of fingers for Touchscreen,really has helped eliminate fingerprints on screen.

10. Member
    An Australian company called berleypro makes a sun Shad visor for a lot of different units. Popular in the kayak fishing community. This company is a US dealer for them: https://www.mariner-sails.com/garmin...ies-visor.html

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    ^^^ I just saw that the other day on a facebook page.....

12. Member
    After talking with Donnie this am I looked up the different units by series. Each series has a different screen type. The plus and Chirp are the same and are lower cost units. I would expect that as you go up in price the screen improves.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    After talking with Donnie this am I looked up the different units by series. Each series has a different screen type. The plus and Chirp are the same and are lower cost units. I would expect that as you go up in price the screen improves.
    Thanks for the information, that what it looks like when you look at the specs of the different units. Sure wish someone in the south end of VA or north side of NC had one that I could come look at. Looks like if I change to a blue or a couple of other pallets the glare/reflection improves but I really like the amber color. Thanks for the responses.

14. Member
    I've just installed the anti glare screen protector listed in the link above. So far I'm very impressed. In my garage, under florescent lights I would estimate at least 95% of my glare/reflection issues are gone. Impressive. It seems part of the issue was related to a different screen protector that I cut to fit this screen. The one listed above fits perfectly and is very easy to install. Thanks for listing this great product and for all the other great advice on this forum.

15. Member
    And Amazon got it to me fast with free shipping.

16. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Let us know how it does in the sun.....got it saved in my wishlist on Amazon...

17. Member
    Have you tried turning off auto screen brightness and setting it manually to 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Am I the only one having this issue? I've tried shielding the screen, I've tried wearing dark clothing. The reflection off the screen is really bad, worse than I've ever had with any other unit. I'm using the amber color screen. The reflection is reduced using other color pallets but I don't like the images as much as I do those using amber. Is anyone else having this issue with the 93sv and does anyone know if the larger higher end units have less glare and less reflection? HELP!!!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I've just installed the anti glare screen protector listed in the link above.
    Which link ?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Have you tried turning off auto screen brightness and setting it manually to 100%?
    I think he means reflection of his clothing that he can see in the screen. Humminbird Onix had this really bad and at many angles you couldn't see it at all. The only solution for me was to always wear darker colored clothing.

I have no issues with this on newer HB units and the xx42 units that I use with my LS.

20. Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast