Thread: Z20 Feedback

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Z20 Feedback

Hi All,

I have a 2015 Z7 and never had any issues with it. I am looking at a 2019 Z20 with a 250.
    Can you fellow Z20 owners give me your pros and cons.

thanks

Soon as the water thaws out around here I'll be able to do just that for you. Lol!!!
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

3. Member
    Not to hijack the thread but I am also looking at a z20 and am curious about pros/cons? Thanks

4. Member
    I have a 2016. With a 250 Verado, 36 volt trolling motor (4 batteries), and power poles. It is so heavy in the back that it wants to porpoise. That and the cheap carpet that already needs replaced are my 2 main gripes.

5. Member
    I have a 17 z20 and have no complaints, I have had 1 spark plug go bad but that's really it..... my 1 yr warranty is about up and I have a cracked windshield that cracked right at the tightening knob, but from what I hear they will cover it. It's been a great boat, it's my 1st bass boat.

2019 is a new hull on the Z20. Just make sure you sit in it and agree with it, as i see that as one of the changes.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Yes, this hull and top-cap are new.. The seats have been moved back compared to the 2018 and earlier Z20's..
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

8. Member
    Check what is included on a Z21 that is charged as add on to a Z20. Compare the 20 and 21 side by side for quality of everything on the boat from lid latches to carpet etc. The Z21 is called the flagship Nitro for a reason. I only know of 1 pro that runs a Z20. You get what you pay for and after you do your research you and your bank account will decide. I had a new Z19 and it was a good boat but material quality compared to Z21 was obvious. Take a ride before you buy.

I only know of 1 pro that runs a Z20. You get what you pay for and after you do your research you and your bank account will decide. I had a new Z19 and it was a good boat but material quality compared to Z21 was obvious. Take a ride before you buy.
    There is no difference in the way these 2 boats/hulls are made. The quality of construction is the same. Yes the carpet on the Z20 is 16 weight vs 20, yes the lid latches are not solid SS like on the 21, but that is basically the only difference. The Z20 also has some features that for me are better than the Z21. One is that it has a built in between the seats storage and step up box, standard. Second the z20 fits in my 25ft long garage, the Z21 does not. That is a big factor for many of us out there. Third the Z20 has the NVT hull the Z21 does not.

Now I'm not bashing the Z21, to be honest if my garage could hold it, I would be running one...
    But the Z20 is no slouch...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Pretty sure u can get the same box on the 21 now. I heard and have not seen.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Bryan, I do know that they have an option to add a center step box for the Z21, but on the Z20 it is standard and actually part of the top-cap mold.

Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

yep was told it can happen while at the boat show. But alas I have not confirmed.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

This is all very helpful. Thank you!

Ok, I purchased the Z20. The exact color I wanted was in stock at Pros Choice. Now I have to figure out the 18 hour drive to pick it up...ugh. LOL

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    Ok, I purchased the Z20. The exact color I wanted was in stock at Pros Choice. Now I have to figure out the 18 hour drive to pick it up...ugh. LOL
    Which one was it?

That's funny.... The picture I posted of the center box and seats if from your new boat....

Congratulations!!!
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

LOL!!!

definitely a awesome looking Z20 , Let us know how you like it. I'm debating trading in my Z7 for a Z20.
    721 ​ProXp

I have a Z7 and love it. As they say you always want a bigger boat LOL. I didn't want to take the z7 to Oneida, Cayuga and Champlain in NY, so off to the Z20. I will let you know!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast