Thread: Z20 Feedback

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    That is badass...I love it!! Congrats on the new rig...I hope it serves you well for many years!

Thank you very much! Ill post some pictures when I pick it up.

3. Member
    It's a small world. We are in SE Michigan and will leave early in the morning and pick up our Z20 from Pros Choice bright and early on Saturday morning. Its an 11 hour trek for us but the weather looks OK and we are pumped.

I'll post pics when she is safe and sound at home. It will be long trip but well worth it.....18 hours.....I thought we were nuts at 11. Now I don't feel so bad

I look at Pro’s Choice very often and when I’m ready that’s where I’ll buy and it’s 11-12 for me
    721 ​ProXp

5. Member
    That's the boat I wanted but you beat me to it. Not really, but if I were buying that one would be high on my list. I bought my Z19 from Pete at Pro's Choice a year ago this month. I've bought 2 from him and my now deceased best friend also bought one. Great folks and straight shooters. You will not be disappointed. What equipment did you add?

I'm only 4 hours away.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

Thanks. This is my second boat from Pros Choice. I added 2 poles, Atlas JP, Hot foot, 12” and 9” Lowrance Live and a Hambys.

7. Member
    there is something about white. a lot of white. that stretches a good looking well designed hull. you got one here. I have a z 20 ordered. hope to post pics soon.

I totally agree!

9. Member
    Very nice...congrats!

10. Member
    What kind of performance are you guys getting out of the new hulls. Looking for info on the speed and rpms and what props. Thanks in advance.

11. Member
    I'm getting 72.7 out of mine. Prop to pad 3.5 inches and 24 fury 3 blade. Only turning 5900 rpm. Full fuel, 2 talons, 4 31 series batteries. I have a buddy that's getting 77 with a 23 fury. I'm gonna try a 23 on mine.

23 Fury on mine. Once ice is out I’ll update.

My home lake finally opened up from the ice and got a chance to take the boat out for the first time today. Very, very impressed with this rig and motor combination. 250 ProXS with 23p Fury. During the short one minute stretches where I could open up to full throttle during the break in period, I easily got over 70 each time. Top speed I saw was 75.2, but I think it's got more. But more importantly it rides awesome, had some Chop on the water today. 2 Talons, 27 gallons of fuel, 36v Ultrex, with a light tackle load...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

KClost thank you! I am hoping to have mine in the water in April 5th. Ice should be fine by the . Need to break it in too.

15. Member
    Nice . Thanks for the report. Told the wife my Z 20 was finished and on waiting tor a truck status. "YOU HAVE A TRUCK , LETS GO GET IT" was her response, and she doesent fish , ,we are 15 hrs away on a good day. I don't give her enough credit!...new boats are exciting
    Last edited by framer; 03-16-2019 at 06:46 PM.

16. Member
    kclost,how did the boat handle at full throttle

Not too bad at all imo... Again, they were short 1 min runs during break-in. The 75mph run was when I trimmed out and had good lift. It handled great, but I think it will chine walk if you let it. It has more lift than my Z19 did. and it walked at WOT.

It was so funny there was another guy out there with a Z20, w/2 Talons, same motor running up and down the lake just like I was, breaking in his motor.

More info soon..
    Last edited by KCLOST; 03-16-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

18. Member
    Tracking these posts - you are making me want a new boat right now...lol..........time will tell.
    Nitro Z6 Optimax115 Elite HDI5 Bow 5x Pro Console

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    Not too bad at all imo... Again, they were short 1 min runs during break-in. The 75mph run was when I trimmed out and had good lift. It handled great, but I think it will chine walk if you let it. It has more lift than my Z19 did. and it walked at WOT.

It was so funny there was another guy out there with a Z20, w/2 Talons, same motor running up and down the lake just like I was, breaking in his motor.

More info soon..
    lol yup that was me
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL Pro
    2023 Pro XS 250
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Dual CM2 8' Blades

Tow Vehicle
    2022 GMC AT4 3500 HD Crew Cab Duramax
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

I need a demonstration on the Garmin livescope as soon as possible.... lol!!!
    And I apologize for the Talon comment, didn't get close enough to see they were poles.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast