Thread: A Scope?

A Scope?

On my old 93sv the Depth Number at the bottom of the A Scope screen pretty much the same as the Traditional Sonar at the bottom. But on the new 93sv Plus that A Scope number is like 2/3 less that the corresponding Tradtional number. For example if Trandional reads 27ft the A Scope number is like 9 ft. So first what is that A Scope referring to and second why is there a difference in the old 93sv vs the new Plus unit? Is it some setting that I have done on a unit?

Thanks

2. Member
    I think that may be referring to the width of the cone at that depth.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Yes, number at bottom of amplitude scope bar is the functional width of the sonar cone.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    Great, thanks for info

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Thanks for that tip....didn't know that existed.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Yes, number at bottom of amplitude scope bar is the functional width of the sonar cone.

Todd, can you tell me why on the old 93sv the width of the cone number is about the same as the Depth Number on the Traditional Sonar but on the new Plus the cone number is 2/3 less. Is there a sonar setting on the new Plus that the old 93 does not have causing the difference or it does have something to due with the old unit having the GT52 and new having the CV52? Both units set to CHIRP and as far as I know I have not made any sonar adjustments.

Thanks

7. Member
    Just curious if you have changed the freq from Lowest to highest and see how that number changes.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    Just curious if you have changed the freq from Lowest to highest and see how that number changes.
    I thought of that today while on the lake and yes it does change to match Cone Width. That was the difference in the numbers between the old 93 and the Plus. The old 93 you can not adjust the frequency like you can on the Plus

9. Member
    So your "old" 93 must be the original version and not the CHIRP version. That would explain it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    So your "old" 93 must be the original version and not the CHIRP version. That would explain it.
    So there is a Frequency adjustment on the the 93sv that has CHIRP? My old 93 is the CHIRP version and have seen on that unit where I can turn CHIRP Off and go to the 200mhz but not fine tune the Frequency like I can on the new Plus. I guess I have missed seeing an option somewhere.

11. Member
    The unit comes preconfigured to select CHIRP or select the manual single frequency 200. You have to configure the unit for any other manual frequencies you might want to use.
    Pull up the Traditional Sonar Screen
    Press Menu->Frequency
    Select Add
    Now manually enter any single frequency within the range of the transducer. 150-240. For example, enter 150 and then enter 240 or as many as you want.
    Later when you go back to Select a Frequency these you have entered will be available for selection.
    You don't have to wait until you are on the water to do this. It's good to do some confuration stuff before going to the water so you don't use up fishing time.

12. Member
    Thanks for that info. Did not know I could manually make those adjustments. I really need to get into Settings more I know I am missing things I can do to get improvement. Just bad habit of using "as is" out of the box and only doing a few minor things.

13. Member
    my 7SV Chirp gives me a bunch of frequency choices when using a CV51 but not a GT40

14. Member
    GT40 is not real chirp on 2d. 77/200.

15. Member
    ahhh, that would explain that lol