Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    BaitFL what you fail to address is that these big fish that are being caught during the spawn are approx 7-10 year old fish. These fish were spawned when there was 10 times the amount of grass. The eradication of vegetation will show up 2-4 years down the road when these older fish start to die off. As I said before, there are area's that I weighed in 25 plus pnds of fish and now I cant even catch a cold in these areas. I have asked you numerous times to go with me just so that YOU can prove your point. One spot in particular was good enough to beat out 500 other boats during Wolfsons and now I cant even get bit there. So in all your infinite wisdom could you please explain how the destruction of miles of vegetation benefited this area? There isn't a bonnet or piece of penny wart left due to an airplane dropping mass volumes of chemical!

We are fortunate that we live in Fl where the climate is conducive to growing big fish but that doesnt mean the fishery is healthy. It just means the FWC can use our genetics and climate as to say see what we have done. NO , you just have just made it more difficult for the fishery down the road. I have been fishing Tx's since I was 12 -13 years old and I can honestly say this is the worst fishing I have witnessed over the last three years that I have ever seen. I'm 48 now. In the 80's and 90's hydrilla was prevalent and it was nothing to have 30 fish days year round.

Baitfl, you want to prove your point then once again get out from behind the keyboard and lets go. You don't need a dime.... all expenses paid.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 02-12-2019 at 11:10 AM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    Your right, I forgot that the last day was at Garcia. Their goal though is not to catch 1 lbers, they would rather be catching the bigger ones. They dont show the early rounds results on Kissimmee but majority of the big pros struggled, like KVD, Hackney, Skeet,
    I was really surprised that Hackney didn't make the final round. He has done pretty good in Florida as do the Lane's, Grisgby and Scroggins. I'm not too surprised KVD and Skeet didn't do to well. They will kick but in the Northern lakes. Their styles or fishing preferences are not soft plastics or shallow water.

I enjoy watching BASS, MLF and FLW. MLF is just a different animal. You can get into a school of 1 to 2 pounders, wear them out and kick butt. But in FLW and BASS you would get laughed at.

If they had an MLF style tournament where 1/2 pounders would count I would be in business
    Brad Krone

3. Banned
    BaitFl waiting for yoy to accept a free fishing trip. I'll even pm my personal phone #! Its a free trip on a 21 ft gambler.

4. Banned
    Sent you a pm Baitfl with my phone #. Putting my mouth where my mind is..... with all due respect, you aint afraid are you. You got my phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Sent you a pm Baitfl with my phone #. Putting my mouth where my mind is..... with all due respect, you aint afraid are you. You got my phone number.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    50% of the Kissimmee Grass is gone on Lake Kissimmee due to an non indigenous snail as compared to five years ago. Most of the Hydrilla is gone and any type of canopy cover is hunted down and sprayed to death. Lake Kissimmee will crash eventually.

St John's River south of Lake George is essentially dead due to no eel grass. It's already crashed.

The lack of eel grass on Lake George and upper St. John's has the fished bunched up in what little spawning cover is left. The fishing pressure will ultimately lead it to crash.

Okeechobee has lost at least 40% of its grass in the last ten years. It fishes REAL SMALL.

The only chain that is somewhat healthy is the Harris Chain and that is only if they control the hydrilla instead of trying to totally eradicate it. Lake Toho is in the same boat as Harris chain.

These tournament results are deceiving and hiding the real truth.
    I for one can attest that what is highlighted in BOLD above is true. The entire River System from Monroe to George is just about DEAD. Heck I took my Grandkids out with worms for Bluegill and in 4 hours we got 1 (ONE) Bite. 1, just 1 in prime Bluegill areas.

The Bass fishing sucks unless you are North of George. There can be some debate as to whether the Strong Currents from Hurricane Irma had something to do with that, but the River was suffering long before that. I had several "money spots" that I could go to and know I would catch a fish or 3. I never fished there on weekends so the Crowd never saw me sitting there. It was flipping a switch over a period of a year that it went from great to dead and never came back. All the eelgrass around there is gone and the fish with it.

I know where Chris Lane caught the Winning Bags the year he won out of Palatka, it was one of my areas too. He was turning in 30+ lb bags for the win. Now you can't buy a bite there.

I'm not a Tournament Guy, just a Guy that loves to fish. But it is a Damn Shame what has been allowed to happen on the SJR in the name of Weed Management.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    I for one can attest that what is highlighted in BOLD above is true. The entire River System from Monroe to George is just about DEAD. Heck I took my Grandkids out with worms for Bluegill and in 4 hours we got 1 (ONE) Bite. 1, just 1 in prime Bluegill areas.

The Bass fishing sucks unless you are North of George. There can be some debate as to whether the Strong Currents from Hurricane Irma had something to do with that, but the River was suffering long before that. I had several "money spots" that I could go to and know I would catch a fish or 3. I never fished there on weekends so the Crowd never saw me sitting there. It was flipping a switch over a period of a year that it went from great to dead and never came back. All the eelgrass around there is gone and the fish with it.

I know where Chris Lane caught the Winning Bags the year he won out of Palatka, it was one of my areas too. He was turning in 30+ lb bags for the win. Now you can't buy a bite there.

I'm not a Tournament Guy, just a Guy that loves to fish. But it is a Damn Shame what has been allowed to happen on the SJR in the name of Weed Management.
    Hell don't stop there, Poinsett and Winder have been a wasteland for over a decade , and now in the last couple years they have destroyed all the big stands of natural bullrush that have been there forever and was the last remaining green signs of life. Thats why I get so tired of hearing from these biologists who think they are doing such a great job but haven't been on any of these bodies of water in their life. You cant remove all vegetation and expect life to flourish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12