Thread: sufix advance

Question sufix advance

Been seeing a lot of hype about this line. so I wanna know from the real fisherman of the world our opinions of it. I am thinking of giving it a try as pline floroclear may on the way out the door. thanks

amazing how these line companies keep coming out with new products, this one has me curious as well especially for spinning outfits and maybe flipping too.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

3. Member
    Spooled two reals up with it last night to test.

4. Member
    So far it's great. Super low stretch for a mono. To me it stretches less then invisix. Also casts great but has some memory and it is thick line. Bought 12 which is thicker then most 15lb flouros. I give it a 9 out of 10.

I tried it and like it. Going to be my mono line moving forward. I was already using Sufix brand anyways.

6. Member
    I put 14 lb on a reel and now need warm weather to see how I like it. Reports are it is a good copolymer.

I was curious about this line as well.

8. Member
    I was curious as well. I bought a spool of 14lb and haven't had a chance to fish it, but just playing with it in the yard it seems great! Casts really well, but doesn't seem to have some memory to it and is thicker than others I'd say. I spooled a spool of 14lb sniper and 14lb advanced on some tatulas and you can definitely tell which one is which. I have a hate relationship with mono and flouro and hoping this can solve it. I hate flouro cause it seems so brittle, but I hate mono because I never feel like I get a solid hookset with the stretch. I'm hoping this will replace both of them.

9. Member
    I purchased some recently. Just waiting for some warmer temperatures to give it a try.

does it bother anyone when line companies make a 12lb line as thick as everyone else's 14-15#?
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yanknbass View Post
    does it bother anyone when line companies make a 12lb line as thick as everyone else's 14-15#?
    Not really. A lot of factors could go into what the diameter of the line is. For starters the advance is a co polymer, so that could be a factor in the diameter of the line and I also think diameter could change quiet a bit depending on what you want the line to do. Abrasion resistance, low stretch, memory depending on how the line is formulated for its specific purpose could effect the diameter some.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yanknbass View Post
    Just buy their 10# then, never have payed attention to test, more concerned with line diameter.