Surge brake calipers question

When I compress the brake caliper cylinder on my 2007 triton trailer they push back out on there own. Is this common? After assembled they rub on the rotor but I can spin them by hand.

Pads on a boats disk brake system always drag just a tiny bit. Is the tongue on your trailer pulled all the way out so that it's not applying any pressure to the system?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Pads on a boats disk brake system always drag just a tiny bit. Is the tongue on your trailer pulled all the way out so that it's not applying any pressure to the system?
    Thanks the tongue is out all the way. It seems to be good with the tires on. Just never saw a caliper push out on it own.

4. Member
    Possible air in system. With the tongue unhooked and used calipers I wouldn't expect this. If you can easily turn them by hand i wouldn't expect issues.
    Am I missing something? Have calipers started having springs behind the pistons now?