Vessel View ECM update

I have a 225EFI S/N OT467894 I’m interested in adding Vessel View Monitor to it. I called Mercury and they said it would work but may have to have the ECM updated. Who can update it and what would it cost?

2. Member
    Call Simon Motorsports.

I would think Mercury would do it. Talk to your local dealer or Don for clarification.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    Called Simon’s they can’t do it but Mercury dealer can. I called two dealers they said they can’t either.

I would like to buy also, but can’t get a definite answer that it will work on my 03’ 250xs. Don’t want to spend the money and not be able to get a refund if it won’t work.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Needs to be checked on a serial number by serial number basis when dealing with product built prior to July 1, 2003.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Vessel view mobile. I called Mercury and gave them my serial # they said the ECM May have to be updated. I called two dealers they said they couldn’t do it. Called Simon they can’t do it. The motor is set up for Smart Craft.

8. Member
    Call Mercury and ask them to provide a capable dealer near you.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No dealer has the ability to flash those earlier PCM's. It must be done by a field rep, OR at the plant.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Thanks Don.