Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    Become famous and have your life inspected with a microscope. Crazy times.
    And that's why we're are going to get worse and worse leadership down the road. Only if you've hid all your skeletons well enough will you withstand the scrutiny. And why would you want to go through all that? Most are gonna see everything that those in public life go through and say F it. We need people who have screwed up and learned from their mistakes in life.

On a slightly separate note I bet by POTUS 50 we're gonna see the dick pic scandal run through the news cycle. Maybe even POTUS 48.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

It is just typical of the media who are trying to get high ratings and pushing an agenda. The over riding theme seems to be that white males are the devil. "Blackface" has been around since the start of plays (Shakespeare may have used blackface for Othello circa 1600) or minstrel shows (1820's) where they did caricatures of other people or only hired white actors. I worked a run where people complained about a runner wearing a multi colored afro wig. So if the media can push outrage they can get high ratings and push their agenda.
    On a side note did you see where the kid from Covington Catholic is starting the process for multiple lawsuits? This properly handled could change the media's response to stories; hit hard enough in the pocket and loss of ad revenue may force them to be real investigators.

3. Member
    I would not want to be Judged at 50 by what I did at 20.....
    Have a crappie day

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it

Quote Originally Posted by Hookin'&Cookin' View Post
    I would not want to be Judged at 50 by what I did at 20.....
    Exactly. Looking at the VA governor case it looks like some kind of party where others were doing similar stuff. As long as it's not the local Klan talent show party they were attending and dressed up for I don't think it's as big a deal as some would like it to be.
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

5. Member
    It wouldn't be a big deal but one party has staked their future on identity politics. Hurts when you get caught in a trap laid for someone else.

Stop Watching = Problem Solved

If we didn't keep watching, there wouldn't be multiple 24hr new channels that constantly need new content to hold viewers and sell advertising. They are monetizing outrage.
    Tight Lines,
    Andrew

7. Member
    Its stupid and agenda driven as is everything we see on TV or print media now days. If you were dressing up as a generic black person in recent years, then lets talk about it. If it was 30 years ago, move on and if it was as a black character (Michael Jackson, etc) then I don't care if it was in 2018. IMO, that is not racist in any form. Matter of fact, if you were racist, would you dress up in costume trying to be a black person - highly unlikely. It is more likely to prove you are not racist than the opposite.

8. Member
    Yes our ex- senator was a KKK recruiter . But they let him slide.

It's all one big game...one side tries to make the other look bad and vice versa. Both sides try to discredit the other by any means necessary when the whole end game is simply staying in power. Both sides suck.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It's all one big game...one side tries to make the other look bad and vice versa. Both sides try to discredit the other by any means necessary when the whole end game is simply staying in power. Both sides suck.
    Amen! Both sides suck.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

11. Banned
    This is just one of those things where you have to be careful what you wish for. We saw this during the Kav hearings. Now we have black face and sexual assault from the side that made this all a BIG deal. Now the shoe is on the other foot and they dont know what to say.

12. Member
    But i want to know why the media picks and chooses. In this case they've all been democrats. All white males even. Why the VA Gov and not going after Jimmy Kimmel, Fallon or even Joy.

13. Member
    SNL skits have both white and black actors playing roles in the opposite race quite often. I don’t see that as being racist. Black actors years ago actually painted their faces more black for a acting role, or in some situations white.

14. Member
    Because they are media darlings !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

15. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Life became so much better when I stopped watching the national news media every day. All that matters to them is advertising dollars and pushing a message. I can't wait to see how both sides of the media attack Schultz.
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    But i want to know why the media picks and chooses. In this case they've all been democrats. All white males even. Why the VA Gov and not going after Jimmy Kimmel, Fallon or even Joy.

They fuel it for ratings. Personally I question if some of this was not done as payback for their stance on abortion. I think both sides do these kind of witch hunts with the sole intent being payback.

17. Member
    They fuel it for ratings. Personally I question if some of this was not done as payback for their stance on abortion. I think both sides do these kind of witch hunts with the sole intent being payback.
    Very well could be. If so, it makes it worse the media which is supposed to be non partisan is participating in a witch hunt.

Becuase everyone is looking for a reason to be butthurt,most seem to work in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    Very well could be. If so, it makes it worse the media which is supposed to be non partisan is participating in a witch hunt.
    Except that society has voted with it's wallets and said that we want opinion and not news on these programs. That's why Hannity and Maddow drive their respective networks. It's all about where you can charge the most for ad revenue.
    He/him
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Yes our ex- senator was a KKK recruiter . But they let him slide.
    Robert Byrd was more than a recruiter. He helped found and was elected the leader of the local chapter.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast