Thread: Ships

Ships

ships.jpg

That popped up in my facebox feed and thought it was worth sharing.

1 Peter 2:11 Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul.

The remarkable thing about fearing God is that when you fear God you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God you fear everything else. “Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord”;… The Highest Good—The Pilgrim’s Song Book, 537

The Bible does not thrill; the Bible nourishes. Give time to the reading of the Bible and the recreating effect is as real as that of fresh air physically. Disciples Indeed, 387

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

2. Member
    The Titanic was built by professionals. The ark was built by amateurs. Noah trusted in God (feared) and it was credited to him as righteousness. The account of the Flood is destruction? Or is it the account of grace? Man deserved to be extinguished--but was spared.

3. Member
    I don't think "fear" and "belief" are the same thing, and it was belief that was credited.

4. Member
    "Fear of the Lord" used in the Old Testament (and NT?) did not mean the way we use it today.--"I fear bigfoot." It meant deep abiding respect and awe. Proverbs 9:10, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." (also Prov 1:7, Prov 14:27, Psalm 111:110, Job 28:28, many more).

5. Member
    Job 1:1
    In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil.

Job 19:25ff
    I know that my redeemer[a] lives,
    and that in the end he will stand on the earth.[b]
    26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
    yet[c] in[d] my flesh I will see God;
    27 I myself will see him
    with my own eyes—I, and not another.
    How my heart yearns within me!

v 25. "redeemer"= Christ
    Last edited by msethsmile; 02-09-2019 at 10:24 AM.

6. Scraps
    I've always liked, "loose lips sink ships." True.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD