‘99 Procraft &’07 Etec 225 prop help.

Before my Opti nuked itself, I was running a modified Tempest A40. Topping out at 76 mph at the rev limiter. When I switched over to the Etec, I went with a new 26p Raker HO. My out of the hole and acceleration is amazing. Awesome bow lift too. Sad thing is I tip out at about 63-64 mph at 6000 rpm. It has the lighting gear case. Someone mentioned I should be running a BRP RX4. I have a hydraulic jack plate. Thanks for the help ahead of time!
    AK Outdoors Pro Staff
    Limit Out Baits Pro Staff
    Hawg Pours Pro Staff
    American Baitworks Pro Staff
    Helix 12 SI w/ 360, Helix 10 Mega SI, 798ci HDSI
    ’99 Procraft 205 Pro DC '09 Evinrude 225 HO Etec
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

2. Member
    I didn’t run the numbers to figure it out exactly but you have a ton of prop slip. Maybe you should get that Raker checked to make sure it’s not bent anywhere and have some cup added. That boat should run much faster with that set up. I had a 205 Pro in 1997 with a Merc 200/Trophy 25/6” plate that would run 67-68 mph,you should be faster than that.

3. Member
    Hey Rip, I have seen some comments saying the HO is for the G2 models which are a smaller diameter. Not sure if that is true or not. Was hoping to get some more comments from the Prop guys on here. I agree it should be faster. If I can this spring I want to test a few props out if I can find some.
    AK Outdoors Pro Staff
    Limit Out Baits Pro Staff
    Hawg Pours Pro Staff
    American Baitworks Pro Staff
    Helix 12 SI w/ 360, Helix 10 Mega SI, 798ci HDSI
    ’99 Procraft 205 Pro DC '09 Evinrude 225 HO Etec
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.