Banned

Passenger Console Knobs

I purchased a used passenger console for my z18. However, the guy did not give me the knobs to hold it in place. Does anyone know if I can get them anywhere other than a tracker dealership? Do the console just screw in with 3 of them?

Thanks in advance guys!

Think your gonna be at a tracker dealership they are specialized knobs. Surprised he did not send them as he would not have needed then anyways.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Banned
    I appreciate the response BMCD. Unfortunately, the guy was not an honest person :(

He just won't send them? offer to pay shipping cause that will be cheaper and faster. Otherwise order them, and I doubt it will be fast.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Banned
    Console was listed as "brand new" yet when it got to my house it was all scratched up, missing the rubber mat & Nitro decal logo. He also left out the screws to attach the windshield. I guess thats the risk we take when we purchase from for sale by owner...

6. Member
    Did you pay with PayPal? Maybe put in a complaint that you didnt get all the parts

7. Banned
    I did pay with paypal- wasn't aware that is an option. I definitely will file one tomorrow.

I called tracker, the knobs are $105 EACH... 3 knobs @ $105= $315. WOW!

8. Member
    $105 each? Wow, that just does not sound right. If you are close to a Fastenal store maybe they could come up with something. I have used paypal a time or two but not that familiar with it. Can you dispute the charge on your credit card?
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

9. Banned
    I called multiple dealerships and they all gave me the same price. I am close to a fastenal.. I will try going by there Monday. Appreciate the suggestion

10. Member
    Did not realize those were so expensive. And I would for sure check into fastenal or a machine shop nearby to see if they could make something cheaper.
    2019 Nitro Z-18 DC
    Mercury 150 Pro-XS 4-Stroke 23 Fury

11. Banned
    Well guys, I found some 3/4” lag bolts and washers for $6.39. They are not a quick dismount like nitro’s but I think they will get the job done. Definitely much cheaper than $300+

These bolts have secured the console in place to the point if I try to wiggle the console it shakes the entire boat on the trailer, so I think they will work. This forum is a great resource for helping others. I appreciate everyone’s input!

12. Member
    Good for you. I had the dealer order a second console when I bought my boat. If I knew then what I know now I would have tried to order it without $315 worth of bolts. Probably wouldn't have worked.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

13. Banned
    What did they charge you for the extra console? Just curious how much I came out ahead

14. Member
    Really not sure as it was included in the total price. I saved quite a bit over regular list by buying the accessories like electronics and Power Poles from the dealer. They just showed the console as included but I would guess close to if not full list. The Nitro website lists the console for a Z18 at $1025. Not cheap.
    Jim

15. Banned
    I’m not sure why nitro lifts their prices so much on parts after you purchase your boat. If they are willing to sell it cheaper with the package of purchase then it seems like they should be consistent on the price if you want to buy as an added item years later

16. Member
    I think they are consistent in we want full list price for it and probably encourage their dealers to do the same. May have something to do with Nitro maintaining their everyone pays the same price policy, even though that may have a little wiggle room with private dealers. I would bet it is consistent with other manufactures. I think a Ranger console will top the thousand dollar mark as probably will most others. In 2012 I bought a Triton (worst boat buying decision I ever made) and the console was over $900 then.
    Jim

17. Banned
    Yeah that makes sense. Guess I’m just frustrated with the guy keeping those bolts and how expensive they are from the dealership

Cav, take in account extra shipping, time on the floor to build, of course after the fact should be more expensive. Building 1 individual part is not as profitable.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team