Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Buy SHORE LUNCH potato soup mix. It calls for 8 cups of water. I use 4 water and 4 milk. I buy 3 cans of sliced great value sliced potatoes at wal mart and a bag of bacon bits the ones that are like real bacon. I open up the top of potato can and run my knife thru the can a few times to cut the sliced potatoes into smaller chunks. Dump everything in a big pot and cook for a while. Yummy and easy. Salt and pepper to taste.

2. Member
    Buy SHORE LUNCH potato soup mix. It calls for 8 cups of water. I use 4 water and 4 milk. I buy 3 cans of sliced great value sliced potatoes at wal mart and a bag of bacon bits the ones that are like real bacon. I open up the top of potato can and run my knife thru the can a few times to cut the sliced potatoes into smaller chunks. Dump everything in a big pot and cook for a while. Yummy and easy. Salt and pepper to taste.

3. Member
    Roasted red pepper soup. Cut up 3 red peppers and couple onions and tomatoes and garlic with carrots and just about any veggies you want. Put them on baking sheet with olive oil and put them in the oven on top shelf for 25 mins at 425 degrees. You want them to be partially charred. Dump them in the blender and blend them till smooth. it only takes 90 seconds in my blendtec. Taste and add red pepper flakes and a whole jalopena if you like it spicy. You can add a little milk and a handful of shredded mozarella if you want it creamier.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Our favorite is Tortilla soup. I marinate my chicken breasts in McCormick’s Chipotle and grilled on the Weber using a few Mesquite chips in the smoker box. Top with Monterrey Jack. Mexican cornbread or OTB chips.
    The recipe my wife uses doesn’t call for any tomatoes like some. I’ll post it if she’ll let me pry it out of her.
    That sounds great. I make my own thicker chicken stock in the pressure cooker. A couple of poblano peppers and fresh cilantro also goes a long way. I went online for Tortilla Soup recipes and put a couple of recipes together. Mostly, we cook from the heart--not using any recipes.

5. Member
    This is a easy one we love. Brown 1 to 1.5 llb of breakfast sausage add in 2 diced potatoes, 1 onion, 1 diced carrot and add in with sausage as its browning. We make our own sausage and it’s lean so we don’t drain when done. Add in 4 cans of cambells bean of bacon soup and 5 cans of water. Salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer 45 mins. I put some Tabasco in my bowl and some crackers. Dang good eats!!

6. Member
    Hamburger Soup

I make a pot of this and freeze the rest for a later meal. I cook for myself and Dad so this is easy to heat up and is less than 200 calories per serving

Ingredients

1 lb Ground beef
    1 tsp Garlic powder, Pepper, Chili flakes, and Kosher salt
    1 Can of black beans, drained and rinsed
    8 oz. Fresh green beans
    1 Medium onion
    1 Carrot
    1 Stalk of Celery
    1 Zucchini
    8 oz. Mushrooms
    1 Can of diced tomatoes
    4 cups Chicken Stock or Broth
    1 cup Slaw (Optional)

Directions

Brown the beef in a pan and add in the onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms and zucchini. Cook until all ingredients are slightly tender.
    Add in all of the seasonings to the pan, and cook for 1 minute. Add in the black beans, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat and simmer for another 30 minutes until fragrant.
    When you are ready to serve it, if you would like to add in slaw to the bottom of your bowl. It will cook once the hot soup goes over top of it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billybas View Post
    Hamburger Soup

I make a pot of this and freeze the rest for a later meal. I cook for myself and Dad so this is easy to heat up and is less than 200 calories per serving

Ingredients

[FONT="]1 lb Ground beef[/FONT]
    [FONT="]1 tsp Garlic powder, Pepper, Chili flakes, and Kosher salt[/FONT]
    [FONT="]1 Can of black beans, drained and rinsed[/FONT]
    [FONT="]8 oz. Fresh green beans[/FONT]
    [FONT="]1 Medium onion[/FONT]
    [FONT="]1 Carrot[/FONT]
    [FONT="]1 Stalk of Celery[/FONT]
    [FONT="]1 Zucchini[/FONT]
    [FONT="]8 oz. Mushrooms[/FONT]
    [FONT="]1 Can of diced tomatoes[/FONT]
    [FONT="]4 cups Chicken Stock or Broth[/FONT]
    [FONT="]1 cup Slaw (Optional)
    [/FONT]

Directions

[FONT="]Brown the beef in a pan and add in the onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms and zucchini. Cook until all ingredients are slightly tender.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Add in all of the seasonings to the pan, and cook for 1 minute. Add in the black beans, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat and simmer for another 30 minutes until fragrant.[/FONT]
    When you are ready to serve it, if you would like to add in slaw to the bottom of your bowl. It will cook once the hot soup goes over top of it.
    When you say slaw are you referring to a normal mayo based coleslaw ?

8. Member
    No...just the slaw without the dressing/mayo...it adds a crunch to the soup even after it's been sitting in it for a while

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12