Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How are transducers mounted?

Where and how? Anybody use a transducer mounting plate?

2. Member
    Will be using a mounting plate in the future on the transom, less holes in the boat.

3. Member
    The 1980 has a step and it’s mounted under the step.

4. Member
    Transducer mounting board. Use it the 1st time you mount a transducer on your boat. I do
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

5. Member
    Factory is installed on the step under hull. I left it there for future use. I hooked my totalscan ducer on a transducer shield and saver off the 6 inch setback plate and works great. Huge but works fine and super sturdy.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterAg99 View Post
    Factory is installed on the step under hull. I left it there for future use. I hooked my totalscan ducer on a transducer shield and saver off the 6 inch setback plate and works great. Huge but works fine and super sturdy.
    Do you have a picture of this?

7. Member
    @SkeeterAg99
    How is the transducer cable ran? Does it go up the back transom like normal or a thru-fitting in bottom of hull?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    @SkeeterAg99
    How is the transducer cable ran? Does it go up the back transom like normal or a thru-fitting in bottom of hull?
    Transducer.jpg

This is the factory mounting on my 1880

How is the right side of your side imagining? Mine is darker than the left side, thinking I need to level, currently mounted the same.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbreaux View Post
    Transducer.jpg

This is the factory mounting on my 1880
    Hmmm, is your transducer levelled? I'm just going by the mounting bracket and that step on your transom but it looks like it's crooked.

Also, what is that plug they used for the thru-hull? I like that.....

11. Member
    To those that didn't have a factory transducer install. Does your Vexus of this weird thr-hull in place?

Found another picture. Looks like the step has a cutout for a cable.

I'm thinking this comes standard with all Vexus.
    Last edited by BoatNoobie; 04-03-2019 at 03:43 PM.

12. Member
    Yes noobie, that's where my cable goes through
    2019 Vexus 1880, merc 115

13. Member
    the transducer cable I ran is run down the side after removing the shifter fiberglass panel and comes out of the hose outlet on deck. not good at posting pics or lazy lol. The factory mount is run down middle of boat and I don't even wanna mess with removing it.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

14. Member
    the transducer cable I ran is run down the side after removing the shifter fiberglass panel and comes out of the hose outlet on deck. not good at posting pics or lazy lol. The factory mount is run down middle of boat and I don't even wanna mess with removing it.
    So yours is ran up the rear of transom like how you typically see?

15. Member
    the factory is run under the main seat and livewells but has a hole in step of hull that it comes out of, so only the transducer is visible from back of boat. And its epoxied in thru the transom step heavily (why I don't want to remove also, although I am not getting sonar at plane so I may try to adjust it down some to get that).

The total scan wire I added out of the hoses outlet is run down the transom and zip tied to the jackplate/brackets (it really doesn't even need to be honestly it stays fine and doesn't look like to much wire hanging out.)

Mine comes out the hull factory like yours but looks like maybe they changed the connector though. I didn't want to mess with that hole in hull with the total scan.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

16. Member
    What type of sealant are they using on those fittings?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icebound View Post
    What type of sealant are they using on those fittings?
    Guessing 3m 4200 or 5200. For some reason, the 4200 doesn't come in black in the smaller squeeze tube. Only the big tube for grease guns, whereas the 5200 cones in both colors in both sizes.

I plan on using 4200 fast cure in white.

18. Member
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I think the best practice for installing exterior transom transducers is to mount starboard on the transom then mount your ducer brackets to that. With the regular advancements in technology you may well be installing a new ducer or two with new technology in the next 2-3 years. Mount through the transom one time with the starboard then never again.

19. Member
    Finally decided to figure the pic thing out lol. Here is my transducer u asked about. Caution don’t ovetighten bolt lol they will break but I tapped another for the third hole. Not worries even with one it ain’t coming off.
    HZlGoPv.jpg
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

20. Member
    thanks for that @SkeeterAg99

Mind taking pictures of how you ran that transducer cable?

I talked to my local dealer, they said only Vexus uses that cable-thru grommet. It's not available to order. They also recommend not to drill any holes below the waterline if they can help it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast