Tactical Bassin 210 with 14inch JP

Matt did a walkthrough video about how his 210 is coming along about a week ago. Is anyone else interested to hear how it runs with a 14inch jack plate? I don't think I've heard of anyone running one with that much setback! Can that cause problems?

2. Member
    I seen that video also. Big fan of Tactical Bassin. he said waiting on his 14"JP i said WOW!!!

3. Member
    Interested to see how it performs. I think thats too much but we will see!

4. Member
    I saw Matt's boat at my buddies shop in Sacramento a couple of Sundays ago, they were getting ready to put the Bobs jack plate on, it's really sharp looking with a carbon fiber finish on it.
    was wondering how it's gonna work with that much set back.
    I added 2 inches to my existing 10, didn't seem to help, sold the spacers.
    Nelson

Behind the bubble, I’d imagine.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

6. Member
    What do you mean,
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Behind the bubble
    ?

7. Member
    Too much plate in my eyes.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman92 View Post
    What do you mean, ?
    Hes talking about getting the prop in clean water.
    Champion 206
    250XB

9. Member
    I think with the talons, it's going to be too much set-back... we'll see... If it is, he'll get it set-up right eventually. I like Matt. Good to see him running a Champ.
    Champion 206
    250XB

Actually, I was talking about Pat’s “hump” or “bubble”.

The crest of the pressure wave behind the boat. I’ve seen this mentioned by Pat several times. Ideally, you want your prop in this hump. In front of it is OK but behind it and your performance will suck. I’m guessing 14” is behind this optimal area but I don’t know anything about the 210 so I should’ve just kept my trap shut.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

11. Member
    Ha, just found this post! She's not set up at all yet but so far I'm really happy. Its a completely different boat, nothing drives the same at all... I'm stunned what 4 inches and talons did. Before going further, understanding my actual setup matters... Its a 14" plate, 15' talons, and 4 Odyssey PC 2150 M batteries (that's 311 lbs of batteries) and a Fury 4 25 pitch prop with no plugs. Its probably the heaviest 210 around but I need that battery arrangement for how we travel right now.

I'm still figuring it all out. The hole shot is going to take a little more work. It gets out with 2 guys, full gas tank, and full livewells but its not jumping out by any means. Its getting out as if there were a 3rd guy on board. Once out though its a dream. All that weight and with two guys I got 69.8 out of it in a very light chop the other day (very little tackle... maybe 100 lbs). Went back out in a heavy 2 - 2 1/2 foot cross chop with 2 guys dropped the jackplate down to 1, feathered the trim and found the sweet spot... ran 62 through big cross chop.

It really is a completely different boat with that much set back. None of my settings are the same as before. It will take a few more weeks to really get it dialed in but as of now, no regrets on the big plate.

12. Member
    It sounds like lithium’s should be your next investment.

13. Member
    Seems like you’re happy with it, even if you need some more time to fine tune it.

That’s a ton of weight in batteries. Guess I have never seen the weight listed out before

Keep doing what you’re doing. You’re the man!

14. Member
    Keep us posted Matt... appreciate the insights and of course, Tactical...

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

15. Member
    I just discovered the TacticalbBassin channel because of this thread. Good channel Mat! Don't rule out a hydrofoil to get her on top. I am getting one from CB Marine designs. They are the best looking foils on the market. I have seen the difference they make on other boats, and my rig has lost its hole shot as well with 2 poles and 4 group 31 agm batteries. Back in the day my dad put one on the old vector to flatten out the hole shot and it work great. My buddy had a 17.5' skeeter with a 90 that couldn't get out of the hole peirod with 3 guys in the boat or 2 guys and full tourney load with full wells. We put an SE Sport foil on his and it worked like a charm. I am hoping the CB Marine foil will do the same for me. I have heard nothing but good about them.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

16. Banned
    I'll be looking for you so we can race this summer on Clearlake Matt. My 2008 Champion 188 with a 200 Optimax does about 23 mph with all of the tackle in it!

I am not surprised that it is doing well with the added weight and set back. The newer Champions need to get the nose up and just changing to a prop with more tip cup isn't enough. You can get the nose up but you end up losing at least 2 pitch sizes.

18. Member
    210’s have plenty of bow lift without having to add weight to the rear.