Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Otsego SUX!

2. Member
    We never know. I have been to and help organize quite a few rally's, The number has been from 4-12ish on the mini rally's. I would be up for a house/cabin on StClair.

Get some prices for us and lets see who is interested.
    Here’s the 5 bedroom one. A couple years ago when I stayed there it was $1000/week in the off season, and somewhere around double I believe in the summer. I liked the area so much I’m two miles upstream from there now.

https://www.stclairrental.info/lake-st-clair-area-vacation-rentals/north-channel-vacation-home-lake-st-clair/

3. Member
    http://online.flipbuilder.com/hitq/ywtm/mobile/index.html#p=1

Check our page 58 for others on LSC.
    Last edited by piketroller; 02-09-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Parking can become a problem with boats and trailers.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    Parking can become a problem with boats and trailers.
    I get it, you don’t want to do LSC. I’m not trying to advicate or against it, but just trying to show there are reasonable lodging options right on the water. They are hard to find until you know the area well. For parking, you can always keep a couple vehicles in one of the nearby boat launch parking lots if space is that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by piketroller View Post
    I get it, you don’t want to do LSC.
    You must not get it. I looked at your links and didn't see any place that would fit the trucks and boats. Most don't like leaving 100K worth of possessions in parking lots etc... Including me.

If you know of a place that will allow for our group, Please link it specifically. I am interested.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    You must not get it. I looked at your links and didn't see any place that would fit the trucks and boats. Most don't like leaving 100K worth of possessions in parking lots etc... Including me.

If you know of a place that will allow for our group, Please link it specifically. I am interested.
    I must not get it. Do you have an aversion to keeping your boat in the water overnight? All of my recommendations were on the water for that stated purpose. Depending on how big the group is, several different sites might be needed, but the first one I mentioned has a 300 foot dock for the whole group to congregate at. There are plenty of restaurants you can boat to over hear so everyone doesn't even need quick access to their truck. I was never advocating for leaving a boat on a trailer overnight at a boat launch, so do most of the people on this forum actually drive $100k trucks? Do people with $100k trucks never let them leave their site? If someone with a $100k truck stays at a hotel, does he stay up all night looking out the window waiting on someone to steal it? If you have nice things, having appropriate insurance coverage should be a priority to be able to use those nice things without living in fear that someone might steal them.

I'm truly not trying to argue or provoke on here. I really don't know what kind of location and amenities you are looking for. Maybe listing those clearly would be a big help. I've fished many places in Michigan where lodging is right on the water, the boat has floated overnight for several days straight, and I hardly use the truck. If there is a gas dock on the lake, then the truck could sit for a week. There are lots of cabin rental places on Drummond Island, Indian River, the Upper St Marys River/Lake George, Portage Lake (Houghton), Little Bay de Noc, and a few other U.P. lakes that all have great smallmouth fishing. LSC as a fishery is on par or better than all of those, and if you look around hard enough, you can have the same type of lodging experience as well.

how much to get this whole house
    https://www.vrbo.com/889813
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

I prefer to take my boat out for the night, Like most others. Especially on big water where the docks can beat the boats up if wind and waves occur. If I had an aluminum tracker, I'd feel differently. If everyone pulls out, We need lots of parking. Like I said earlier, If you find a place that suits us on St Clair, I'm in.

I’m in for wherever you guys decide
    Brad Luchsinger

2003 Allison XB-21 BasSport 2+2
    2004 Mercury Racing 250XS

1998 Xpress X70
    1998 Yamaha Vmax 150 TRP

2002 Triton 200XP

11. Member
    Secord lake. Middle of the state mostly for everyone . Just a suggestion

12. Member
    It didn't have thebest reviews, but looked like a decent place Bob. We stayed across the lake from it in a giant house for our wednesday night league classic in 2016 . There are other places on the lake that can take up to 15 or so people also.

There is always the option of comming to elk/torch and if it is the right time of the year I might be able to get us a group rate at Wandawood resort down the street from me on elk itself. It is great for boats and parking and all those needs.

13. Member
    Our club is doing the classic this year on LSC and renting 2 cabins up in Fairhaven, in the past we have stayed at a few places I could recommend:

Hamlin Lake- Awesome body of water, plenty of cabins on lake or campground or hotel not far away

Secord Lake- There is a small motel just north of the ramp that fit us perfectly, plenty of parking and a bar next door. Also you are just a short distance from Lake Lancer which is phenomenal fishing as well.

Wixsom Lake- There is a place that rents little cottages on the lake but they also have a house to rent called the "white house", it was about 10 feet off the water, had plenty of space to pull up boats to (7 docks I believe) and is nearly right in the heart of the lake.

Houghton Lake: We stayed at a small motel on the south side of the lake, not on the water but plenty of parking. Nice thing is you can fish Houghton and Higgins which we did as a club.

Quote Originally Posted by glfgd82 View Post
    Our club is doing the classic this year on LSC and renting 2 cabins up in Fairhaven, in the past we have stayed at a few places I could recommend:

Hamlin Lake- Awesome body of water, plenty of cabins on lake or campground or hotel not far away

Secord Lake- There is a small motel just north of the ramp that fit us perfectly, plenty of parking and a bar next door. Also you are just a short distance from Lake Lancer which is phenomenal fishing as well.

Wixsom Lake- There is a place that rents little cottages on the lake but they also have a house to rent called the "white house", it was about 10 feet off the water, had plenty of space to pull up boats to (7 docks I believe) and is nearly right in the heart of the lake.

Houghton Lake: We stayed at a small motel on the south side of the lake, not on the water but plenty of parking. Nice thing is you can fish Houghton and Higgins which we did as a club.
    We already did Hamlin Lk... Wixom is empty, Houghton Lk SUX! I'd love to have one on "Sugar Springs" Lake Lancer....

15. Member
    We already did Hamlin Lk... Wixom is empty, Houghton Lk SUX! I'd love to have one on "Sugar Springs" Lake Lancer....
    Sounds good! Secord is good, just really hard to get away from the weekend traffic. Gets really busy,,, I always go th here when its raining. Cuts down on the toons.

16. Member
    Cadillac/Mitchell, Long and Grand??
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Secord is a great lake but really tough due to the boat traffic. Being so narrow, the waves can cause for scary conditions. Early on fishing is good but once the pleasure boaters come out, it's not much fun.

Wixom lake will begin filling back up in March.

18. Member
    I'd love to have one on "Sugar Springs" Lake Lancer....
    My in laws have a place on Lake Lancer, great little largemouth lake during the week. Tons of pontoons and jet skis on the weekend. Lake Lancer has a nice MS Slammer bite that goes on during the late summer.

Quote Originally Posted by DubyaDee View Post
    My in laws have a place on Lake Lancer, great little largemouth lake during the week. Tons of pontoons and jet skis on the weekend. Lake Lancer has a nice MS Slammer bite that goes on during the late summer.

Yes, But the lake is so cut up with coves and canals, You can find plenty of water.

https://www.bing.com/maps?cp=44.1172...=r&FORM=BMLOGO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast