Thread: Trim angle

Trim angle

I'm wondering at what trim angle do you guys run. I've always heard that neutral to 1-3 degrees of positive trim is best.

If neutral trim or less raises the bow too much and it handles poorly, what is it an indication of?

My trophy lifts at 45 and will chinewalk with negative trim.
    Last edited by Fatshaft Merc; 02-06-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Your prop guy can put cup in the tips/ trailing edge to lift in different areas according to what it does with what you send to him. You can just tell him to put a bit more/less bow or stern lift. Usually they know what youll get when they send it to you- performance propeller does for sure. You get a prop from them and theyll shape it to how you load your boat down. Theyve sent me some that were absolutely perfect for my load on the first try. Ive got one that i ran with no troller one time that was perfect with it on there. With just that little bit of weight off there its like trying to drive a unicycle if you can even see over the front. Looks cool flying like that and will sure teach you balance!!

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

LIFT? BALANCE? Only running 80 in this pic.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Mike youre the original wheelie man!

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

I have logged many miles driving wheelies just for fun...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    That looks like Belleville....
    Wave Therapy

7. Member
    If it helps you catch BIG SMALLMOUTH, I'm in!!

Quote Originally Posted by detroit1 View Post
    That looks like Belleville....
    No Mark... That was Gun Lake Michigan. I didn't drive like this when I took you out to St Clair..
    Last edited by 21XDC; 02-06-2019 at 08:42 PM.

9. Member
    I want to go back to St Clair

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Your prop guy can put cup in the tips/ trailing edge to lift in different areas according to what it does with what you send to him. You can just tell him to put a bit more/less bow or stern lift. Usually they know what youll get when they send it to you- performance propeller does for sure. You get a prop from them and theyll shape it to how you load your boat down. Theyve sent me some that were absolutely perfect for my load on the first try. Ive got one that i ran with no troller one time that was perfect with it on there. With just that little bit of weight off there its like trying to drive a unicycle if you can even see over the front. Looks cool flying like that and will sure teach you balance!!
    All 3 of my props have plenty of lift, maybe too much. Neutral trim lifts the bow way higher than it needs to be. 12" setback @ 1.25" above the pad now, gonna go up .25" more for next time. I'm hoping it'll lose a lil' lift. I had over 25 lbs of water pressure, how high can I safely go without major blow out risk?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    LIFT? BALANCE? Only running 80 in this pic.

Good heavens!!! I did that one time. I forgot to put the plug in my boat. LOL!!
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!