options for using both liveview and livescope at same time

I'm currently using 93 echomap plus with a ps31 transducer. I'm getting ready to buy the livescope lvs32 transducer and was wondering what options there are for using both those transducers at once. For the time being my plan is to just plug and unplug whatever transducer I what to use. Is there some option to achieve this another way? I do have a 94 echomap not in use that I suppose I could run the ps31 off it and run the lvs32 off the 93 echomap plus but I really don't what to add another unit up front if there is another way. Thanks Steve

2. Member
    So after researching this is what I have found out. The network port on a echomap plus is labeled panoptix. It appears that the connection end on the ps31 is just a regular ethernet connection and it also appears the connection coming out of the lvs32 black box is also a regular ethernet connection. So in theory all I should have to do is get garmin network switch run both ethernet connection from the transducers to the network hub and run a cable from the hub to my echo plus. Can someone verify if this is correct. Thanks Steve

3. Member
    All correct as long as you use Garmin hub, like GMS10 and Garmin cables. If you look at a Garmin network cable you'll see it's not a standard RJ45. It has a metal shield around the plastic. It's grounded RJ45 and the ground is used.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    All correct as long as you use Garmin hub, like GMS10 and Garmin cables. If you look at a Garmin network cable you'll see it's not a standard RJ45. It has a metal shield around the plastic. It's grounded RJ45 and the ground is used.
    Thank you for verifying.
    Steve

5. Member
    915DBE77-1587-4C59-AC91-996D837F55EB.jpeg
    So I got everything up and running today. Echomap plus 93sv ps31 on right side lvs32 left side. I had to install Garmin network hub to connect everything. I had a little issue with the echomap seeing both transducers until I remembered I forgot to have the ps31 plugged in to power when I ran the update. Powered everything up and ran the update again and everything worked as it should. So now both my partner and myself should be able to see the depth of baits and fish when slowtrolling for crappie. Thanks for everyone that shares info on this board.

6. Member

7. Member
    Looks good.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK