Power pole travel covers

Is it true that they will help prolong bushing life? I have a set of blades,just curious if they're worth the money

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Worth the money just to keep them covered and clean.....I got my cover from RMP @ a great price.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I would say that it definitely doesn't hurt. Following club members down the road I see their power poles moving around a lot. The tight neoprene covers cut down a lot on the movement.

Can you get the same effect by wrapping a bungee cord around the pole, probably but it doesn't look as good and won't keep them as clean from road grime or protect them from rock chips.

I got my covers from RMP with Champion Boats logo's on them
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

4. Member
    +3 for the RMP covers.
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums (4)
    Garmin 126/126/1222 & Solix 15

5. mikesxpress
    Fisherman buy allot of stuff that just doesn't make sense. But that's the fun part.. Your trailering with the entire boat & engine exposed and put on PP covers. I just wax them with everything else.

The covers cannot/will not stabilize the PP's. The multiple joints must be restrained to eliminate/reduce movement during trailering. If you've watched a rig traveling down any roadway you see the PP's shaking and some waving around. Blades are much more susceptible to this over the clam shell versions just due to the way they close. Years ago I replaced all the joint hardware/bushings to tighten mine up an have secured them to the transom with SS wrachet straps ever since. No more pole slop.

I purchased mine from Rod Warrior https://rodwarriorusa.com/

I think he does a great job at a great price.... plus you can customize them.
    2018-02-15 23.22.14.jpg
    Family is everything!!! Fishing is a close second
    2010 TR-18 Pro w/150 OptiMax & Dual 8' Blades

7. Member
    I run a 10' Blade Series on my boat and have the drift paddle attachments on mine. Does anyone know of a travel cover that works with them things still on?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach440 View Post
    I run a 10' Blade Series on my boat and have the drift paddle attachments on mine. Does anyone know of a travel cover that works with them things still on?
    that would have to be custom made..
    2018 Crestliner PT20
    2018 Evinrude G2 200 H.O.
    Duel 8' PP blades
    Atlas hydraulic jackplate