Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feedback on Xpress X series boats

Considering going to Xpress and want to hear from owners, not sales guys.
    Has anyone experienced any issues with electrolysis ? Hard to find info on it with Xpress, hopefully that means it’s not a big issue.
    Any problems with foam either holding water or interfering with drainage ?
    thanks in advance

Mines a 2006 X19, I've had no problems with the foam holding water and no problems with drainage. I'm not sure what problems are caused by electrolysis, but I have no issues with my hull in any way. I really like the boat, I'm going on my 3rd season with it.

3. Member
    Good to hear, I think most electrolysis issues occur if electrical thing are mounted incorrectly in a metal boat, but can cause severe damage if it occurs, can really happen to any metal, but we have a lot of brackish water down here and was just something to see if guys had seen problems with.
    appreciate the feedback

4. Member
    I have a 2014 X19 for 3 years now Just bought a 2019 X21 . That should tell you I really like my 19 it has not given me any problems
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

5. Member
    I think with features, options, and performance, Xpress offers more than majority of its rivals. This would be my first performance tin boat.
    thanks for the input.

I kept my 2006 X21TS. 2017 we had our carpet replaced, I did some rewiring, I have replaced my trolling motor more than once. Went from a 80 MK to a MK ultrax 112 and 3 or 4 inbetween the 112. I have updated my electronic a few times, right now HB Helix 12 Gen 2, on the bow and at the helm all networked together and with TM and the 250 SHO we had install this pass fall. love it might have came out cheaper if I had just bought a new one

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

7. Member
    I've been in an x19 for 10yrs and currently have an older one and newer one and the older ones the floor is poured solid with foam so yes they trap water but per the factory rep the newer models have a channel for the water to drain front to back. I've seen two personally that had water logged foam, one I owned the other was a guy that was in the same shape as myself, we both cut the floors out and dug out all the wet foam and replaced with new, not a fun ordeal to say the least. If all I did was bass fish I would prefer a glass boat but the x19 is perfect for what I do and it fishes and rides very well for a 19' boat, I like them.

8. Member

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob4AU View Post
    I've been in an x19 for 10yrs and currently have an older one and newer one and the older ones the floor is poured solid with foam so yes they trap water but per the factory rep the newer models have a channel for the water to drain front to back. I've seen two personally that had water logged foam, one I owned the other was a guy that was in the same shape as myself, we both cut the floors out and dug out all the wet foam and replaced with new, not a fun ordeal to say the least. If all I did was bass fish I would prefer a glass boat but the x19 is perfect for what I do and it fishes and rides very well for a 19' boat, I like them.

Local dealer did say they made improvements in sealing the newer hulls and that electrolysis issues were fewer. If I was only bass fishing, I think I’d go glass. We have good inshore saltwater fishing, crabbing..., which don’t do so well in glass/carpet boats.
    thanks for the feedback!

10. Member
    I have a X 18 no issues.. I do have wished they would of took the effort to make the front compartments water proof.. I do believe the newer models have been upgraded. I also wish and this could be an issue the live well could use up grading my boat has just a pump that takes water from outside and overflows out the top. I ran a flowrite system to be able to recirculate the water instead of just pulling water from the back.

11. Member

Foam

Quote Originally Posted by Rob4AU View Post
    How exactly were you able to determine your foam was water logged?

I recently bought a used xpress and it seems heavy for a tin boat.

Thanks

Hey Cory, come to the Xpress Rally next month and you can look, ride, and drive an Xpress before you buy one. We should have around 25-30 different Xpress boats there all in one place and on the water.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

13. Member
    I removed the carpet and was going to sandblast it so I could spray it with bedliner and when you walked on the floor any existing hole had water come out of it. If you want to check yours drill a hole somewhere in the floor that can't be seen and put some pressure on it if it's water logged water will exit and the drill bit will be wet as well as any foam residue generated will be saturated.

How do you get rid of this waterlogged foam? Seems stupid to put it in there to start with

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

15. Member
    I removed the gas tank and batteries and cut the floor and decks out, dug out all the water logged foam and welded it all back. Once all this is done I cut holes and poured in new two part foam just as it came from the factory. This is not a project for the faint of heart. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    How do you get rid of this waterlogged foam? Seems stupid to put it in there to start with

I have a new xpress getting rigged right now. Cheap foam concerns me especially when i cant dig it out ahead of time. Putting foam in a place water can run into is bad

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

17. Member
    I have a new one now and per the factory rep they now have channels in the bottom front to back so water can escape and it’s also a different type closed cell foam.
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    I have a new xpress getting rigged right now. Cheap foam concerns me especially when i cant dig it out ahead of time. Putting foam in a place water can run into is bad

18. Member
    Any quality aluminum boat is going to have foam in it. It is not "cheap foam." It is closed cell foam, and closer to a two part epoxy. The foam adds a lot of strength and floatation to the hull. Without it you would probably be breaking welds, and have a nosier, rougher ride. Not to mention possibly slower with reduced horsepower. They only get water logged when someone leaves the drain plug in, and they fill up with rain water and sit for weeks. I rode in a water logged x-21, and it is very noticeable. Hard to get on plane, plows water, engine labors. Feels like a lead sled on the water. The guy said water would never stop dripping out of the drain hole in his garage.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swetzel View Post
    How exactly were you able to determine your foam was water logged?

I recently bought a used xpress and it seems heavy for a tin boat.

Thanks
    Look for a local place that weighs vehicles and trailers. Just weight your boat and trailer and see if it's close to what's advertised.

I had a 2001 X19 that cracked along the centerline and got water logged.

How did you fix the waterlogged issue?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast