Mercury Eco Gauge

I was told that Mercury no longer incorporates Eco Screen into their new Merc Monitor Units.

Can someone confirm this?

2. Member
    I have it on my new Ranger 518L, Merc 200 HP Pro XS, 4 stroke. It came with a Mercury smart guage.

3. Member
    What was the manufacture date? I was told the feature went away in 2018.

The reason I ask is because my brand new Level 1 Monitor does not have eco screen.

4. Member
    I've heard the same thing and believe Don posted on it this very forum. I vaguely recall it may have been dropped in favor of "active trim" or whatever the new 4-strokes have.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Thanks Fox, that's exactly what I was told! I was challenged by someone who referenced the Eco still being displayed front and center on Merc's website. lol

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I could care less about the Eco feature. I want Tri Screens and the NMEA Gateway. Every new boat that I order or used boat that I refurbish gets a Level 1 Merc Monitor.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Confirmed. Eco feature was discontinued (and the Basic MercMonitor is also being discontinued).

Stick with a Level-1, which has the potential for Active Trim (when combined with the required kit and digital sensors).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    I had a Smartcraft with the ECO feature on a Merc 200 2-stroke. It was interesting for awhile. It would tell you to reduce/increase RPM and trim until best economy was achieved. OK fine....hammer down time

9. Member
    I have not been able to get mpg, rpm, and trim on any other screen. That's really the only reason I wanted.

I can get gph with the above, but not mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    I could care less about the Eco feature. I want Tri Screens and the NMEA Gateway. Every new boat that I order or used boat that I refurbish gets a Level 1 Merc Monitor.
    Same here!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

11. Member
    If getting there as fast as possible is the be all, end all, ECO means nothing. Some want economy too and that's where ECO is nice. When I want economy on a long run, I set mine up using ECO, which on my boat with a 150 Optimax most economical cruise is 6.1mpg @ 3380rpm and 29.1mph. I like that when making 70mi runs.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

12. Member
    I like them because they are easy to use and it’s the best gas gauge you can have so I put them in all my boats in place of the rpm gauge

13. Member
    Guys: Don't want to hijack this post, but I saw Don stated that Active Trim requires a kit and sensors. I have a 250 ProXS on order and I'm waiting along with everyone else. Is this kit nand sensors something that has to be ordered separately or does it come with the engine? This will be my dealers first repower to a four stroke. Thanks.

14. Member
    When I'm cruising I put smartcraft on gals. used per hour and divide into gps speed=mpg. Tweak throttle and trim to maximize fuel mileage if in no hurry.
    2000 TR186
    2018 150 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6in jack plate-24" Fury3

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired cop View Post
    Guys: Don't want to hijack this post, but I saw Don stated that Active Trim requires a kit and sensors. I have a 250 ProXS on order and I'm waiting along with everyone else. Is this kit nand sensors something that has to be ordered separately or does it come with the engine? This will be my dealers first repower to a four stroke. Thanks.
    Any rigging has to be ordered separately. That includes instrumentation and controls, or in this case, an Active Trim Kit.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor