Epiphany IV--God is determined to save us

Jeremiah 33: 6-9 (my emphasis):

6 “‘Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to (the elect); I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. 7 I will bring (the elect) back from captivity[a] and will rebuild them as they were before. 8 I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me. 9 Then (the elect) will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.’

v.6 "Nevertheless"--the previous section tells us how sinful we are. Nevertheless...

v.7 "captivity" from what?--sin.

v. 8 "all" means all. God declares us righteous in His eyes.

v.9 "prosperity and peace"--heaven. We can take eternity to thank Jesus and walk with Him. It is always 'now' in heaven. Be ready!

v. 6-9 underlined--Jesus brings all these. He cleanses us from the leprosy of sin.

v. 6-9 another glimpse into the fatherheart of God. Nothing about our election is in our 'goodness'. Its always about God and who He is. All powerful. All knowing. All loving. God is resolute to help us...

Psalm 40:13b, "O LORD, come quickly to help me."
    Psalm 46:11, "The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress."
    Last edited by msethsmile; 02-07-2019 at 08:28 AM.