Thread: Epoxy Brushes

Epoxy Brushes

I have a few brushes that came with my Mud Hole kit, but they don't seem the best. Any recommendations for ones that will hold a sharp edge?

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

2. Member
    I just go with the thin cheap disposable brushes for kids that come in a big tub. You get like 150 of them for $10. I get em off Amazon. Never have a problem getting an edge with them.

I like using the spatulas. Don't have to worry about bristles coming out and can get a good edge. A lot of guys do real well with brushes though.

i buy cheap art brushes from the online auction site, not the kiddie school brushes they fall apart. I also clean mine with rubbing alcohol, i get two or three uses out of each one. I also use toothpicks or spatulas

5. Goby King
    I'm teaching rodbuilding classes right now and I'm showing them how to apply finish turning by hand with brushes. After 3 weeks, I now remember why I use spatulas.

And by spatulas, I mean those plastic promo credit cards that come in the mail every other day. I cut them up in various widths to match a wide variety of wrap lengths. Been using the same set for about 12 years now.

6. Member
    Thanks all. I'll get some better brushes and investigate using a spatula.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

7. Goby King

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    I'm teaching rodbuilding classes right now and I'm showing them how to apply finish turning by hand with brushes. After 3 weeks, I now remember why I use spatulas.

And by spatulas, I mean those plastic promo credit cards that come in the mail every other day. I cut them up in various widths to match a wide variety of wrap lengths. Been using the same set for about 12 years now.
    Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try it.