Favorite online banjo teacher?

Who is everybody’s favorite online teacher for 5 string bluegrass banjo? Thanks

2. Member
    I have never taken lessons, but I hear more good things about Banjo Ben Clark than most others.

I've watched a couple of his flatpicking videos and thought he did a good job, he slows it down more than I really was interested in so I got bored and moved in. But if that's what you are looking for it may work out good for you

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishnPicker View Post
    I have never taken lessons, but I hear more good things about Banjo Ben Clark than most others.
    Allen, i’m definitely catching on & playing a couple songs in the two weeks i’ve had it,( did’t say perfectly but pretty close )but being a complete newbie & nobody around to learn from doesn’t he’ll either. As far as Banjo Ben goes yes he good. I bought a goldtone like you mentioned by the way & it’s pretty danged good for the money & a complete beginner for sure. Thanks
    Last edited by Les Young; 02-06-2019 at 04:50 AM.

5. Member
    Check out a guy named Jim Pankey on youtube. His channel has some good videos on it.
    1994 Ranger 354V - Johnson Fast Strike 150

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdawg View Post
    Check out a guy named Jim Pankey on youtube. His channel has some good videos on it.
    rockdawg i’ve been watching his videos. Thanks

7. Member
    Check out Chris Armstrong (Talley). She is awesome!! I am lucky she is local, but she has online lessons as well. Very clear easy to understand. This also has her travel schedule - maybe she’ll do a workshop near you!!
    https://www.learnbluegrass.com/

heres some free you tube stuff;
    https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...7BYqC_5u8_0tTP
    Last edited by fishinFamily; 03-09-2019 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Added YouTube link

8. Member
    I’ve saw Chris’ videos & she’s good.

9. Member
    Yes sir. I had the pleasure of taking lessons with her before she even had her shop - we just set up right in her living room. She is great. Wife and I Started having kids and I stopped taking lessons. I still try to play when I can.