Thread: New gauges

New gauges

Got the two autometer gauges today, ordered Fuel and Trim. They look really good. Will see how they look in boat......Will order rest after these are installed and like appearance
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

2. Member
    I'm putting all new Autometer gauges in mine. I deleted the HDS5 and went with the 5" tach and 5" GPS speedo. I plan to put the water pressure gauge in between them on top if there's room. Waiting on the dash panels from CBailey, hopefully get them by this weekend.
    2003 Stroker/ 2002 300X.

3. Member
    What kind of dash panel does chris have
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

4. Member
    I ordered the upper dash panels from him. They are aluminum panels cut to the shape of the console. I was going to do them myself but wanted the powdercoating to match the other parts I got from him.
    2003 Stroker/ 2002 300X.

5. Member
    Ah, he has a carbon one also right
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

6. Member
    I think so, or at least he use to. Not sure if that's still an option.
    2003 Stroker/ 2002 300X.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfkr View Post
    I'm putting all new Autometer gauges in mine. I deleted the HDS5 and went with the 5" tach and 5" GPS speedo. I plan to put the water pressure gauge in between them on top if there's room. Waiting on the dash panels from CBailey, hopefully get them by this weekend.
    I was going to make my own dash plate too, but if I can find out how to contact chris I will check on buying one from him, I took an old hd5 out and removed my speedo and tach all the empty holes look bad.
    found him just sent him an e-mail!
    Last edited by james69z28; 02-16-2019 at 11:03 PM. Reason: added info

8. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by james69z28 View Post
    I was going to make my own dash plate too, but if I can find out how to contact chris I will check on buying one from him, I took an old hd5 out and removed my speedo and tach all the empty holes look bad.
    found him just sent him an e-mail!
    Let me know if you make contact with Chris, I usually talk with him several times a week and you can contact him on FB if you have that at CB Marine Design.

https://www.facebook.com/customboatparts/
    LeaLea

9. Member
    20190213_141230.jpgHere is the new layout for my gauges. Not done yet but getting close.
    2003 Stroker/ 2002 300X.

10. Member
    Looks great, trim gauge same spot
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

11. Member
    I have ordered the other gauges from autometer now, they actually arrived today. I took the old non working X97 out of mine and having a aluminum piece water jetted to fit there, going to install a radio in it. Should look pretty kool in center of dash. Havent seen one done that way.
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

12. Member
    Sounds interesting, never seen one like that. Post some pics when you get everything in place.
    2003 Stroker/ 2002 300X.

13. Member
    Will do
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

14. Member
    I dont't know to post pics anymore but my rig has smart craft monitor and is mema capable to the hds touch I installed in the consol. I have the graph, merc monitor, water pres and water temp on the right side of the graph with the monitor being on the bottom part of the console. The left side has a detwiller plate gage (worthless) on the top next to the graph with the ignition switch and CB Marine timed hole shot plat switch on the bottom part. It makes for a clean console and very easy to read. I have the merc monitor and graph reading RPM, WP, WT (engine), Trim, and a few other items. I only have the independent WP and WT analog gages as back up to the electronic version in the monitor. I have found that the WP is slower on a smart craft gage so I took it put and installed a manual gage.

15. Member
    I have trouble posting pictures myself, sound like a functional dash though
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    I dont't know to post pics anymore but my rig has smart craft monitor and is mema capable to the hds touch I installed in the consol. I have the graph, merc monitor, water pres and water temp on the right side of the graph with the monitor being on the bottom part of the console. The left side has a detwiller plate gage (worthless) on the top next to the graph with the ignition switch and CB Marine timed hole shot plat switch on the bottom part. It makes for a clean console and very easy to read. I have the merc monitor and graph reading RPM, WP, WT (engine), Trim, and a few other items. I only have the independent WP and WT analog gages as back up to the electronic version in the monitor. I have found that the WP is slower on a smart craft gage so I took it put and installed a manual gage.
    Dean, I think the way your doing it is very good. Mercury Smart Craft data is an excellent tool for motor feedback

17. Member
    Eli, thanks. I like the way the dash works for me. If the Wt starts to rise to much it gives me a chance to recover before going into guardian. Haven't done much testing as the lake is pretty small right now but am still able to go fishing at 93.

18. Member
    There ya go, very few beat us to hole
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823