Warranty Promotion question

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...selview-mobile

If you scroll down in this link there is the "Go 5" warranty promotion. Am I reading this wrong?? It seems to say you get 5 years + the standard 3 year coverage + 2 additional years of "Gold coverage"...that's a total of 10 years then???

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

No it is a total of 5 years. 3 OEM plus 2 years of Gold

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    5 years total,my dealer charged me $500 to upgrade the gold to platinum,

4. Member
    I was told by my dealer you could increase it past the five years when that five comes to an end up to a total of 8. At the time we didn’t get into what exactly the 6 thru 8 costs or covers though. My 5 year platinum was $575 so it seems you got a little better deal from your dealer than I did at $500. They told me they add $100 on top of what Mercury charges them and that cost varies from dealer to dealer but that’s all they put on top of it.

5. Member
    No sir. Gold is 2yrs only, however Platinum can be purchased to provide up to 8yrs but can only be added or extended during the original 3yr warranty period. After that it's game over.

Direct from the Mercury Product Protection page

Question:

When does the Mercury Product Protection Plan have to be purchased? Is the Plan renewable?

Answer:

Coverage can be purchased within the standard factory warranty period as long the model was originally manufactured in the current and four proceeding model years. The plan is not renewable.
    Last edited by SilverFox579; 02-05-2019 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Add'l info
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Let's not confuse folks here. What you can upgrade or purchase is handled on an engine-by-engine basis.

The Promotion is 3 Years FACTORY Warranty, plus 2 Years GOLD Product Protection (Major Mechanical Items, essentially).

Some restrictions apply- speak with your selling dealer for details.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    From what my dealer told me today the 6-8 year that has to be purchased before year three is a little pricey at around the $2,000 mark. I will definitely be looking deeply into exactly what is covered on that extension before considering purchasing that one.

8. Member
    Mercury Protection Plan.pdf

Here is the Mercury Protection Plan Comparison Chart

Yes you can upgrade, but you have to do it all at once not year by year. Must be done within the original warranty period of motor (usually 3 yr). Currently you get 3 yrs Platinum + 2 xtra yrs Gold as a Promotion. I recently asked about 250L Pro XS 4Stroke TM <MODERATOR EDIT- Quotes are based on each engine serial number... and vary based on several factors (other than HP). Contact your dealer for pricing details.>
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 02-06-2019 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Moderator- Quotes are serial number specific.
    Jason Bubier
    530-230-8868 -Cell
    ajbubier@sbcglobal.net
    U.S. Army Veteran / Proud Navy Dad

9. Member
    I just bought a new Ranger with the new Mercury 200 HP Pro XS 4 stroke. 3 year factory warranty. I bought a 5 yr Platinum warranty for an xtra $3200.00. So now I have 8 yrs total.

Thats a smokin deal right there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassdaddy60 View Post
    I just bought a new Ranger with the new Mercury 200 HP Pro XS 4 stroke. 3 year factory warranty. I bought a 5 yr Platinum warranty for an xtra $3200.00. So now I have 8 yrs total.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Guys- Please realize that ANY Product Protection Plan Purchase is specific to ONE engine (and serial number).

Multiple factors play into Product Protection Plan prices- DO NOT rely on what someone else paid or says they paid.

If you are interested in a quote for your specific engine serial number, we offer a very nice BBC Member price for PLATINUM Product Protection. Email me (or Rhonda) your serial number for a real quote for your engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    Don - can you tell me what you would charge for platinum extension for a brand new 4s 250xs?

13. Member
    Just to save you some time you will have to email Don or Rhonda with serial number. Don will not quote on open forum. See Don's post #11.

14. Member
    Might be a bit before Don replies (but he will) as he had surgery last week.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jab0914d1 View Post
    Don - can you tell me what you would charge for platinum extension for a brand new 4s 250xs?
    Drop me an email, with the engine serial number and I'll be happy to assist!