prop bites when back off throttle just a little

I have a Charger 295 with a 200 Evinrude. I've been running either a 23 or a 25 Renegade and neither one is really right for best performance. I tried a 24 Raker a couple weeks ago and it worked good but if you back off the gas just a little it will bite. The motor pulls down some and the boat lifts. The rooster tail was high so I thought if I lowered the motor that would fix it but it didn't. I lowered it 1/2 inch and it still does it plus I lost a lot of speed because I lowered it. The prop is used but in really good condition could the hub be bad or is something else going on?

Sounds like the cup is worn and won’t stay hooked up. Probably just needs re cupped/cleaned up.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I have run those Rakers over the years and they all seem to do that. You run wide open and then back off the gas just a little and you feel the front of the boat pop up. I have no idea why those props do that more than others I have run (Tempest, Renegade, PowerTec, etc.). I never really worried about it but you might want to explain the issue to Mark and perhaps he can improve the props ability to hook-up.

4. Member
    That is exactly what it does. The motor will pull down and the bow raises. Give it throttle and it drops back down. The prop was supposed to been recently worked on and looks like it.

Motor might be a touch too high.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html