Prop choices for a 2011 PT 175 TXW With a 60 4Stroke

Guys, I know this was discussed in a recent thread, but didn’t want to hi jack that post. I am strongly thinking of buying a 4 blade Trophy Sport 13p But wanna make sure I get the right thing. I am currently running a SS Vengeance 13p (48-855858).

Took my boat to the lake yesterday. At WOT my top speed was 35.6 mph. That was just me, I weigh 195, almost a full tank of gas and fishing gear. RPM was 6000-6100. Hard to tell exactly where it was but was for sure a tad over the 6000 mark. Not really sure how accurate that tax is but that’s what was showing. Air temp was 60F and water temp was 47F. I will also note my motor is mounted in the bottom hole. (As it came from the factory). I guess my question is if I order the trophy sport, and move motor up one hole will my RPM be where they need to be? My mind wants to think they will be higher but I could be way off base on my thinking. Lol Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Yes they’ll be fine. You will gain 50-150 rpms moving up a hole. But your adding a 4 blade prop that has a good amount of cup on it.

You will see 6000 now with the cool water. Hot summer could be as low as 5900. Your sweet spot for that motor, speed and fuel economy is 5750.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    Ok cool, will there be any increase in top speed from where I am now? I know hole shot should be better. Its not bad now, but could probably be better when I have another person in the boat. Just weighing my options out before it cost me some unnecessary time and money. Lol A guy at work has the same boat in a 2014 model, he is running a 14 pitch aluminum. His hole shot sucks but he can outrun me on like a 3-4 mile run down the lake. And yes it’s starting to bother me a little if you know what I mean. Hahaha

4. Member
    i put the trophy sport on my 2012, I lost about 1 mph over the aluminum prop but the hole shot was triple as fast and the handling was twice as good. I love it and you will too.

I actually gained more speed then the spitfire 14p. Lost 1 mph from my SS 3 blade.

My boat is so different from it originally beginnings. Best prolonged run is 38.9 what I see daily with me and my wife is 36-37 mph.
    But everything else is a huge improvement.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.