94 sx200 deck extension

Has anyone built a deck extension for their older skeeter. I am buying a 94 sx200 and would like to build a storage area in the open area in the front deck. Anyone have pics or dimensions already??
    JoJo
    1994 Skeeter SX200
    1996 Johnson Venom 200 J200STLEDM

2. Member
    This was from a few years ago on my 1993 SS90.
    We (dad and I) went back and forth how we wanted to do it and eventually ended up with something easily removable. We initially did a cardboard template so we new the size it needed to be and then cut out some 3/4" plywood to fit the template. We then took 3/4" off of each side because we'd be adding carpet to the plywood. After the cut I stained and waterproofed the wood. We then went and got one of those G-trex board (waterproof) to use as the frame. Not a true frame as we cut pieces to fit around the interior of the space where the top of the deck would fit (see in pictures below). These are eaily removable when I don't need the deckextension. We then cut the plywood to create a hatch because I had storage underneath a seat there and installed a hinge. I purchased some marine grade carpet and adhesive. We got the carpet on and it looked great. From there, into the boat it went. I think it came out pretty damn good and it's really solid.

3. Member
    It's definitely not a true professional job but it works very well for me.

4. Member
    That looks good. As long as it works right!
    JoJo
    1994 Skeeter SX200
    1996 Johnson Venom 200 J200STLEDM