Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lake Anna last weekend in February

Looks like I will be heading to Lake Anna this month the 23 and 24. First time back since 1987. What can i expect during the end of this month? Looking to do two days of bass fishing.

I assume you're talking about the main lake and not the heated cooling ponds?
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    Yeah cold side

It really just depends on the weather. Last week the highs were in the 20's, today and tomorrow it's gonna be close to 70, so a lot of the bite will be based on that.

Either way, you'll still be able to find some fish suspending out deep around brush, docks, points, etc. If you get a stretch of warm weather for a few days don't be scared to beat the banks.

Water temps could be anywhere from low 40s to low 50s depending on what the weather does and where you're at on the lake.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    be prepared to be humbled and to not catch any fish..go in with that mind set and you'll be ok....should be a great time to stick a big one...jerk baits and bama rigs will probably be your friend

6. Member
    On Sunday ice in all the upper arms. Temps 38-39 uplake down by dike 3 upper 40's. The warming trend this week should help the bite. I zeroed but heard of some caught with a jerk bait mid lake around the 208 bridge. I hope to get out again this coming weekend and will let you know if I figure anything out.
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

7. Member
    Thanks for the info. So far my buddy and I are planning to come for the weekend of the 23rd. The problem is I broke 2 belts in my Goodyears. I have 4 new tires waiting at the garage for me but the weather is not cooperating for me to get there. Damn Goodyears. Opposite sides too strange one was the rear and the other was the front. So if you can give me an update after this weekend I would appreciate it.

8. Member
    If it's still cold don't be afraid to throw a Silver Buddy

9. Member
    Getting excited and hoping weather will cooperate. Don't really want to leave Pa in a snow storm. I'm ok fishing in the mid 30 as long as there is no ice on the water. I would have rather gone mid March but my buddy can only go last weekend in February. Plus my wife is going to need some surgery so I'm not sure how many times I will be able to go overnight or a full day.

It has been a long time. Where is the best place to launch? State Park or other?

10. Member
    I didn't get put this past weekend. Hopefully next weekend. I've got an annual pass for Sturgeon Creek Marina. Anna Point is another good option right next to the 208 Bridge. Both are mid lake.
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

11. Member
    Cool. If your there that weekend say hello. Pretty easy to find my boat. White Skeeter with all the breast cancer ribbons. A big one on the back of the SHO.

12. Member
    I pretty much always launch at Anna Point...personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    I pretty much always launch at Anna Point...personal preference.
    +1
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

14. Member
    It took 600 pounds of salt but now I can get the boat out. The rain gear is packed hope to hit the lake around 11am. We are going to stay overnight hoping Sunday will be a little dryer. No big deal it will be what it is when we get there.

15. Member
    I'd love to be there fishing this week end. I got a feeling, I'd be doing a lot of fishing, probably no catching.

16. Member
    The latest Lake Anna reports, from my website....

Lots of bass are being graphed in 10-40 feet of water. The water temperature throughout the lake is in the high 40's and shows signs of warming more later this week. Bass catch reports have the fish taking jigs, plastics and crankbaits on main lake points and under deep docks.

Monday, a 22 lb bag of Bass was weighed in at Sturgeon Creek Marina on Lake Anna. The Bass are responding to jerkbaits,swimbaits, spoons, and also jigs, on the warmer days. The Crappie are being caught from the bridge pilings better than other places. Look for a move to brush soon. It has been slow for the Stripers so far, but this should not last long. The Christopher Run area is usually good in February. Anna's Walleye run is taking place, along with other large lakes that have them. Shallow flats should be targeted, as they can be very aggressive. Don't be surprised if Stripers are caught along with the Walleyes.
    Last edited by Eric13579; 02-22-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children
    ><((((º>'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸.·´¯'·...¸><((((º>'·.¸¸.·´¯'· .¸.·´¯'·...><((((º>

17. Member
    I will be out there all weekend Prefishing for the following weekend
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

18. Member
    Well if you see a white Skeeter with the big breast cancer ribbon on the back of the motor give me a wave. Thanks for the fishing update. Everyone be safe out there this weekend, I'm excited to get out early this year since of course our lake are all iced in this time of the year. Will be on the road 5am tomorrow. My buddy gets off his 12 hour shift at 4am.

19. Member
    I enjoyed my weekend. Saturday was a wet 7 hours on the lake. Not that cold unless you were running fast. We fished the 208 bridge and a couple of points north of the bridge. Then fish some islands that were across the lake from dike 1. A lot of time to spend on the water with no fish buy it beats not fishing.

Sunday did not go all the well. I lost the power steering. I mean it was a no go from the second we launched the boat. Now to be honest I started to notice something about it at the end of last year. My fault for not looking at it. I'm prepared for every thing except fixing the power steering on the fly. That did not stop us from fishing but we were limited to the trolling motor and the inlet or bay for the Sturgeon Creek Marina.

Yeah no fish today either unless you count the few shad I caught.

It was a fun two days and I really enjoyed the lake. I talked to 12 boater and no one had caught fish. Though there was one that pulled out after me that said he caught six.

I will tell you this it has been a long time since I had to hand load a boat. I put the trailer tight against the dock and was able to walk the boat on the trailer.

I'm sorry I didn't ask the name of the fellow BBC member when we were pulling out. I think you had a Ranger. Thanks for saying hello. Was glad to meet you.

That's my trip to Lake Anna and I can tell you I'm coming back as I'm not discouraged one bit.

Side note on the 5 hour trip home. First time ever the trailer lights came disconnected. I'm not sure how far we drove with no trailer light but I expect it was a few hours. Yep not much left of the plug.

20. Member
    FX20 2011 I was the guy you talked to at the ramp when we were taking out. Sorry you picked a bad weekend to come down and fish! Everyone I talked to also was having a tough time on Sunday. Anytime I come to Anna is a tough time for me! Its was nice talking to you and I hope you are back on the water soon. Tight lines!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast