Kings retreat?? Is it ok to stay at???

Looking for a place to stay and have read some rough reviews. Not looking for a reason to, just a few buddies fishing for 4 days. Is it worth it or not?

Thanks guys!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Not sure what lake it's on as there are a few lakes in SC, I'm gonna guess it is on Santee? If so if any of you are retired military Short Stay would be a great choice.

3. Member
    Yea I am looking for a place on Santee. I screwed up. I come down once a year in April and stay at the state park. I made the reservation the wrong weekend. I made it for the weekend of Easter. Oh course the following weekend there is no vacancy. There is a group of us and everyone else is straight but I screwed up.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

Is it Carolina king retreat?

5. Member
    Yes it is I believe. It is at the mouth of Jack's Creek.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    It"s not at the mouth,But the creek does go by in front of it.It is nice & clean & I pick up parties from there often.You do have to obey their rules,owner runs a tight ship.Jacks Creek Marina is across from it & they cook.There is a super home cooking style restaurant in Summerton (Summerton Diner).I only eat about 300 meals a year there,just a little biased,don"t you think.

Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    It"s not at the mouth,But the creek does go by in front of it.It is nice & clean & I pick up parties from there often.You do have to obey their rules,owner runs a tight ship.Jacks Creek Marina is across from it & they cook.There is a super home cooking style restaurant in Summerton (Summerton Diner).I only eat about 300 meals a year there,just a little biased,don"t you think. Also,sent you a PM,let me know if you received it.Sorry for the double post.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by santee bass View Post
    It"s not at the mouth,But the creek does go by in front of it.It is nice & clean & I pick up parties from there often.You do have to obey their rules,owner runs a tight ship.Jacks Creek Marina is across from it & they cook.There is a super home cooking style restaurant in Summerton (Summerton Diner).I only eat about 300 meals a year there,just a little biased,don"t you think. Also,sent you a PM,let me know if you received it.Sorry for the double post.
    I did get the pm. Thank you. As far as following the rules no of us drink or anything. We get up at daylight and fish till dark. Come back eat go to bed and do it over again.

How about the cleanliness? Not looking for a resort but don't want to be sleeping with bed bugs either.

Thanks again
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

9. Member
    Carolina King is a good place. I put in there quite often. They do not cook there.
    If you ant a restaurant I would look at lacks or the Canal.

10. Member
    So are the cabins decent? Clean ?
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

11. Member
    Not directly on the lake, but the Best Western Plus on RT6 is pretty nice. They have a boat parking area in the back, and Captains Quarters is a great restaurant. Where I stay when I go to Santee!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by santee bass View Post
    There is a super home cooking style restaurant in Summerton (Summerton Diner).I only eat about 300 meals a year there,just a little biased,don"t you think.
    ah, The Summerton Diner. I had plenty of fried chicken and soft serve ice cream there in the 70's. Went back for the first time in almost 30 years last summer. Do you live in Taw Caw?

Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    ah, The Summerton Diner. I had plenty of fried chicken and soft serve ice cream there in the 70's. Went back for the first time in almost 30 years last summer. Do you live in Taw Caw?
    I live in Wyboo,on the Manning side across from Camp Bob Cooper.They don’t have that good soft ice cream anymore.Way to costly to fix.It broke,took about 6 weeks for 2 men to come from N.C. to fix it.It lasted about 2 or 3 weeks,broke again,they came & fixed it over a month later & broke again.It was very costly for repairs,so they took it out.

14. Member
    ok. I must have been thinking of someone else. My family had a place in Taw Caw in the 70's and early 80's. I lived a summer back in the 80's at the cypress point condo's over in Wyboo and worked in the Piggly Wiggly in Manning to pay for boat gas.... That deep hydrilla used to hold some nice fish.
    I do not think I have fished Wyboo in 20 years.
    My father passed 2 years ago so I started an annual trip to Taw Caw each year to celebrate the times we had there on Santee when I was a kid. It was a heck of a place to cut your teeth on bass fishing