Thread: Green temp?

Green temp?

Anybody know what the water temperature is at green?

Tuesday 1/29 it was 42* if my memory is correct. Heavy color on the main body and feeder systems clearing.

3. Member
    Is it clearing up any? Anyone got any info on main lake visibility around Site 1?
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Is it clearing up any? Anyone got any info on main lake visibility around Site 1?
    I was on Green tuesday 1/29 and again tuesday 2/5. There is a huge difference in what the lake looked like last week compared to this week. 1/29 was 42*, above summer pool and dirty most everywhere except the heads of feeder systems. They pulled green pretty hard starting the middle of last week all the way up until monday of this week. On tuesday 2/5 they cut the main gate back quite a bit because the lake is now close to winter pool. I have no idea about the ramp #1 water color but I predict its dirty. I know they pulled it hard and fast and there is some light color in Holmes Bend but it quickly gets clear above that. Water was 43-47* pending area and time of day...

Looking at the 10 day forecast we are in for another round of decent rainfall again. If the weather prediction is correct it will be back on the rise again and the feeder systems will be dirty again. Check out this bar graph. It looks like Green is a roller coaster going up and down...http://greenriver.uslakes.info/Level.asp