Thread: Wiring help

Wiring help

Adding Mercmonitor, Boss gauge style radio in dash and replacing Hook 4 with TI2-9”. Assuming radio & Monitor May be wired to fuse panel?
    am I readily correctly that the TI2 needs a #10 run directly from battery post?
    2008 PT175 75/Opti.
    Last edited by Jenksracin; 02-04-2019 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Missing

2. Member
    My radio and Carbon 9 are powered from the fuse panel, without interference. Depending on your setup you may not need to power the mercmonitor, as the gauge itself is powered by the Smartcraft. The power wires in the monitor harness are to provide power to the NMEA 2000 network, and should only be used if the network does not have another source for power.
    Last edited by R2Tracker; 02-04-2019 at 07:47 AM.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Tracker View Post
    My radio and Carbon 9 are powered from the fuse panel, without interference. Depending on your setup you may not need to power the mercmonitor, as the gauge itself is powered by the Smartcraft. The power wires in the monitor harness are to provide power to the NMEA 2000 network, and should only be used if the network does not have another source for power.
    Thanks, I wondered about that monitor doing as you’ve said!
    The hook4 was wired to fuse panel w/o any troubles.
    Stereo looks fairly simple, speakers I’ve yet to decide or what’s best.

4. Member
    I have wired a HDS 9 from the fuseblock and ran a 8 gauge cable up to the bow from the fuseblock and installed another fuseblock up there where an hds9 and a HDS5 is run off of that. Everything works fine.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I have wired a HDS 9 from the fuseblock and ran a 8 gauge cable up to the bow from the fuseblock and installed another fuseblock up there where an hds9 and a HDS5 is run off of that. Everything works fine.
    Thanks, I’m beginning to see many methods to installing electronics.

6. Member
    Just remember to try and keep your transducer cables as far away from your power cables as possible. Same goes for your speaker wires.