Generator running nearby affecting fish bitig...?

Has anyone had any luck fishing near a running generator? Asking because more than one occasion, or usual fishing spot is being shared by someone running a generator to power something in their shack. A few times that we were there before the generator was started, the fish were buying but stopped almost immediately once he fired it up and it's happened more than once. How far away do you figure I would need to be away from it?

Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Nothing will kill a bite like a generator! And, they're annoying as hell to listen to.

I hate them, and the asshats that think everyone else wants to hear that thing run all day/night.

Around here, it's bad. To the point I rarely fish anymore once we can safely drive on the ice.

i don't mind a Honda running in the bed of a pickup. Tailgate closed, and the roll cover 85% closed.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    i don't mind a Honda running in the bed of a pickup. Tailgate closed, and the roll cover 85% closed.

This is more like on the ice about 100 feet from the guys shack. We fished a far away as we could Saturday evening. We were about 400-500 feet away and the fish were still nowhere be found...