Hi All, long time reader - first time posting here.

I'm trying to finalize my plans for extending the current front casting deck on my '79 Glastron HPV-165. The boat is a fish/ski design and is just over 16' long. 7' rods don't fit on the deck and hang over by the consoles to give you an idea how short the front is.

Here are the problems i'm running into that I need some help with.

1. Rod storage. My current rod storage is the floor locker (white arrow)IMG_7386.JPG and if I extend the deck back to the consoles the floor locker would be covered up. (Red Box pictured below)
2. I don't want to cut the current fiberglass framing, like I've seen some others do.
3. If I build the new deck to match the current height of the front deck and leave the space empty above the floor locker, the floor locker door won't open and clear the new deck. The floor locker door would be too tall when opened. In order to have it clear the new deck I'd need to build a new deck to cover the entire front area and raise it all up 1.5".
IMG_7391.JPG

Thoughts?

My current plan is to make a carpeted removable frame and flooring piece. (Red Box pictured.)

Hope this all makes sense....it does in my head. And yes, the boat is original everything. Been in the family it's whole life. '81 115 merc on the back.